The End of USA as a Super Power is approaching - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

The End of USA as a Super Power is approaching

What do you think of this theory...

The USA is economically strong because US politicians convinced Saudi Arabia to make the US dollar the medium of exchange for buying oil; aka the Petro Dollar.

This simply forces all other countries to convert their currency into US dollars to buy oil.

This allows the USA to print US dollars without any care.

However, as electric cars and solar power become more popular with each passing year, the demand for oil will weaken and, conversely, the demand for the US dollar.

This weakened US dollar demand spells the end of US world dominance.

As a US citizen entertaining plans of moving to Columbia in South America, should I care?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

I've always considered it strange that a nation with $18,235,489,000,000 worth of debt can still remain a super power. I have no doubt the emerging Asian countries such as China etc will soon be top of the tables. With people like Trump in control, he's more concerned about saving jobs than lives/or the planet, so expect the 100,000+ people that already die from coal burning pollution to increase drastically over the coming years. I'd book that ticket to Columbia now if I were you Doug!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

Who was the Super Power in 1939 and what happened to them?
Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
Registered Member

I'm with Paul on this one, having that much debt just screws over all the young people that will end up paying it back. $19,846,129,308,636 / 323,995,528 people = each living person owes $61,254. That is each person, not each working person.

The situation in Canada is not much better. The country's debt is $1,300,000,000,000. The province's debt I live in is $15,072,152,968. And on top of that people have personal debt. So even though I have no personal debt, technically I still owe ($36,761+$15,984=$52,745).

If I were you Doug, I would move to Norway. They don't have any debt and they tend to care about the environment there. There are also fewer drug dealers there that tend to kill innocent people.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #5
Registered Member

Various nations hold the Superpower Torch for a time, and then things change. Remember the United Kingdom, a tiny island nation, was the undisputed superpower of the world throughout The Industrial Revolution and beyond. They attained this power arguably through aggression and colonization, just "taking charge" of sovereign nations like Hong Kong and India.

Gradually, the UK's position as a Superpower diminished until the United States held the torch, largely due to the US's massive industrial clout, and yeah, military strength and aggression. FYI, in the US's entire history, it hasn't been at war for only about 20 years, not all of them in a row.

As Superpowers hold their position in large part due to economic circumstances, so does the US today, but I believe that grip is slowly slipping away in spite of the US's incontestable military strength, which still remains.

The times, they are a changing. We're seeing the transition in progress, now. I can't tell you how it'll turn out when the dust settles.

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #6
LDB
Registered Member

Yeah, thanks Obama. :/

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:45 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Yeah, thanks Obama. :/
Cognitive dissonance: Blame Obama for ruining the country, or blame Trump for not making it "great again."

2015 Audi Q5 "Progressiv" + S-Line + Scuba Blue, 3.0L V6 TDI
(Highest fuel economy for all Audi Q5s on Fuelly!)

SteveMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

It started before Obama. China's rise on the global stage started when Nixon opened up relations with them. Then they got better trade agreements under Clinton and a Republican Congress.

The US might be better off without being the superpower; we'll no longer need to spend as much as we do on the military.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Who was the Super Power in 1939 and what happened to them?
Oh nein you didn't!!!

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #10
Registered Member

The USA spends more $$$ on it's military than the next top 10 countries COMBINED. I consider this a form a "white collar" welfare. What else are you gonna do with an abundance of engineers? There are only so many washing machine redesigns one can do. The USA is the biggest seller of weapons, too.

The USA spends all that $$$ to build advanced weapons to kill, basically, bands of medieval warriors.

If the USA didn't spend all that $$$ to employ people in the defense industry what employment would all those people do?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote