The Land of Opportunity - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
Registered Member

Oh get over ya self!

GasSavers_jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:29 PM   #12
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
What's holding me back from getting the job is the places that I applied to.
So are you saying it's your fault for applying to crappy places? If that's the case then why are you complaining about it?

Or are you saying that it's the company's fault and not your fault? If so you're playing the blame game. In the blame game no one ever wins.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #13
Registered Member

I know IBS can really suck, I have a friend with it, and he's no happy camper most the time. But you do realise you have the law on your side. If you have a medical condition, its illegal to fire you or not hire you because of it.Honestly, if you can sit there, sheltered, in front of a computer, and complain about your living conditions, you really need to get out more.

If you're not happy with your position in life, then CHANGE it. That's what this country is about. Hell, you can even get grants (read: free money) from the government to start a business. Oppertunity is there for you, but you can't sit back and wait for it to come to you, go to IT, with zeal, zest and fervor!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #14
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
you whining little brat!

bunger is right. if your not happy change your situation. im looking for a job in my career too, but im not about to go pouting online about it.

i am doing something about it. you are not any different.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
So are you saying it's your fault for applying to crappy places? If that's the case then why are you complaining about it?

Or are you saying that it's the company's fault and not your fault? If so you're playing the blame game. In the blame game no one ever wins.
I'm not blaming. I'm venting, you never heard of it?
I don't apply to crappy places, I just don't get the position since they hire somebody more qualified.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:50 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunger
I know IBS can really suck, I have a friend with it, and he's no happy camper most the time. But you do realise you have the law on your side. If you have a medical condition, its illegal to fire you or not hire you because of it.Honestly, if you can sit there, sheltered, in front of a computer, and complain about your living conditions, you really need to get out more.

If you're not happy with your position in life, then CHANGE it. That's what this country is about. Hell, you can even get grants (read: free money) from the government to start a business. Oppertunity is there for you, but you can't sit back and wait for it to come to you, go to IT, with zeal, zest and fervor!
Who said I'm waiting for anything??? Haven't you guys been reading my replies??? I've been applying at different places and going to interviews.

Actually there is a lot of loops that they can go through. If you state you have a medical condition they can just blame on not hiring you on your lack of experience or say they have better candidates. If you don't state on your application that you have a medical condition and you sit 30min in the bathroom everyday then they can fire you because you lied on the application. The only real way law is on your side if they tell you to your face you're not going to get hired because you're ugly, ill, or etc.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:57 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
you whining little brat!

bunger is right. if your not happy change your situation. im looking for a job in my career too, but im not about to go pouting online about it.

i am doing something about it. you are not any different.
What am I suppose to do..go into a business with a shot gun and say hire me???

There is nothing I can do except apply to more places, and that is what I'm doing.

I like to whine and complain.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #18
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
I've been looking for a job that doesn't drug test for a while(civil liberties issue for me). Still no dice, but they exist.

The reality is, the individual doesn't have as much control over their life and the decision making process in this country as all the propaganda they teach you in history class would have you believe. But I also contend that it's no excuse not to keep trying. No matter what. Once you quit, you have no one left to blame but yourself.

I hope you find that job you're looking for, Compaq. Best of luck.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
I've been looking for a job that doesn't drug test for a while(civil liberties issue for me). Still no dice, but they exist.
i had tons of career choices i wanted to go into, but that reason alone is why I will go "**** your money and i will live a good life without it."

for now... things may change since anything can happen.... world's random enough as it is.

Have faith is all I got to say. I know I got lots
Old 06-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
And here I am getting an electrical engineering degree!

There are lots of companies I vehementently disagree with, and not just on that issue.

Then again, I'm not getting the degree for the money. Once I get the student loans paid off as fast as possible, I'll be happy to live on the cheap. Maybe get a broke *** old trailer in the boonies somewhere, grow some of my own food. I ain't ever bought new clothes; the occassional venture to the goodwill gets me what I want for cheap. So long as I have enough for firearms and the necessities, that's good enough. Get the place running on renewable energy and get the EV built, and there goes most of the expenses anyone would face. If Ralph Nader can live comfortably on $6k a year, so can I.

Off the grid is where it's at.

The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote