The medical system is bulls**t - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-19-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
Registered Member

The medical system is bulls**t

I can't go to a doctor I want unless I buy a very expensive insurance or pay cash and they gave me some crappy medical insurance where I have to go in some type of clinic and sit for hours till it's my turn. I hate California. When I used to live in Wisconsin I didn't have to deal with this bull****. I made an appointment, came in and saw my doctor.

Here in california if you don't have a good expensive insurance you have to go to some crappy doctor and even though your appointment is at a specific time you have to sit hours and wait for your turn. Unbelievable.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
Registered Member

Is that your only option?

My insurance plan covers a number of doctors in my area and I usually just call around to the one that can get me in the quickest.

One time when I was in college I sat in the emergency room for 4 hours after I hurt my back in extreeme pain. The girl next to me was passing out from time to time and she had to wait as well.

I can't believe we pay soo much for health insurance and still get bad service. The cost of healthcare is outrageous.

LincolnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard

My insurance plan covers a number of doctors in my area and I usually just call around to the one that can get me in the quickest.

One time when I was in college I sat in the emergency room for 4 hours after I hurt my back in extreeme pain. The girl next to me was passing out from time to time and she had to wait as well.

I can't believe we pay soo much for health insurance and still get bad service. The cost of healthcare is outrageous.
It's thanks to the stupid government, just like the gas prices. Governement is pointing fingers but they are charging crazy taxes for gas.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

i love canada's health care system dispite the high taxes -_-;
Old 06-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90CivicStandard

I actually heard a story on healthcare yesterday on NPR. Apparently everyone thinks that the nation as a whole has horrible health coverage, but individuals for the most part think that they have good health coverage.

When I lived in California there were usually two healthcare options. I could go to one of the hospital assembly lines (which I didn't mind) or I could pay a slightly higher copay and have an individual doctor. Usually it's just a matter of an extra $20 per copay to go to a family doctor instead of an assembly line.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote