The troll thread - Page 13 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #121
Registered Member

We have a problem. We all know that. To not see it. Is well,,, stupid.

How do we fix it? Damed if I know! Save a bit on gas? Cut back on electric usage? I'm a hypermiler for gods sake! Ive cut back on my electric usage. Not much but Im down from 8 fish tanks to 4. And even there filters are on timers.

Maybe we all need to go to geo thermal, solar and wind power. Great!!!

I work with geo daily. Its a cluster. Sure its saves on fuel on the front end. But from what Ive seen its a $$$$ monster on the back side. A over complex near worthless system except in certain parts of the world. Radiant floor. Yeah its good if you like living in a dry sauna. I sell that junk also.

I take my lunches to work. Eat at my desk unless I'm in the field or with a cust. At which time I buy meals. Is my wife waisting energy rinsing my ziplocks for a extra use? Or the bowls I heat on the dash of the car when I'm out tuning a system and no lunch and learn needs to be done? I dont even drive a company owned work truck 98% of the time when I need to be in the field.

What in the world do I need to do? Move to Tulsa and subject my wife to a small metro full of thugs and deviants? Subject my wife, children and grandchildren to a plethora of idiot humans?

Do I need to be in favor of coughing up another 33% more of my income to take care of this issue? Like the 33% I already pay,,, without major ***** isn't enough! Or would a upgrade in social and protection issues under the law be included? Like the government in any country or time of history has ever been eff. with my money. Yours maybe? To listen to some folks they have to have a government do there bidding. Cradle to grave... Is that what we need? Lets revamp the UN and make it work as a world model.

What in the hell do I need to do?

What would make you happy?

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #122
Registered Member

very to the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
We have a problem. We all know that. To not see it. Is well,,, stupid.

How do we fix it? Damed if I know! Save a bit on gas? Cut back on electric usage? I'm a hypermiler for gods sake! Ive cut back on my electric usage. Not much but Im down from 8 fish tanks to 4. And even there filters are on timers.

Maybe we all need to go to geo thermal, solar and wind power. Great!!!

I work with geo daily. Its a cluster. Sure its saves on fuel on the front end. But from what Ive seen its a $$$$ monster on the back side. A over complex near worthless system except in certain parts of the world. Radiant floor. Yeah its good if you like living in a dry sauna. I sell that junk also.

I take my lunches to work. Eat at my desk unless I'm in the field or with a cust. At which time I buy meals. Is my wife waisting energy rinsing my ziplocks for a extra use? Or the bowls I heat on the dash of the car when I'm out tuning a system and no lunch and learn needs to be done? I dont even drive a company owned work truck 98% of the time when I need to be in the field.

What in the world do I need to do? Move to Tulsa and subject my wife to a small metro full of thugs and deviants? Subject my wife, children and grandchildren to a plethora of idiot humans?

Do I need to be in favor of coughing up another 33% more of my income to take care of this issue? Like the 33% I already pay,,, without major ***** isn't enough! Or would a upgrade in social and protection issues under the law be included? Like the government in any country or time of history has ever been eff. with my money. Yours maybe? To listen to some folks they have to have a government do there bidding. Cradle to grave... Is that what we need? Lets revamp the UN and make it work as a world model.

What in the hell do I need to do?

very to the point! couldn't agree more. our founding fathers founded our country on SMALL gov't. can't uncle sam work a budget? having said that, we should make wise enviro choices as we all already are doing(or at least most of us gassavers). it is just a theory.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #123
Registered Member

Quote:
...I work with geo daily. Its a cluster. Sure its saves on fuel on the front end. But from what Ive seen its a $$$$ monster on the back side...
I haven't looked into geo yet, but have had a passing interest in it. Can you expand on this? Do some systems fail underground? Does the ground get heatsoaked?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:17 PM   #124
Registered Member

enne kweshchunz?

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #125
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
very to the point! couldn't agree more. our founding fathers founded our country on SMALL gov't. can't uncle sam work a budget? having said that, we should make wise enviro choices as we all already are doing(or at least most of us gassavers). it is just a theory.
Do you consider yourself a libertarian?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #126
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to unstable bob
Thumbs up

Quote:
BEER makes me happy. Hmmmm, how about a car that runs on beer?

www.unstablebobgable.com

1973 AMC AMX: The beauty
1987 Buick T-Type: The beast
2004 Cavalier: The MPG machine
unstable bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #127
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Do you consider yourself a libertarian?
consider myself a moderate conservative. support the constitution and vote according to related issues. but question the ability of a "small ticket" candidate to gain enough momentum to win a large election be it congress or the presidency. does one vote conscience and possibly "waste" that vote? tend to lean to the right because of that, but did vote dem on a recent sheriff election. will listen to all points of view.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #128
*shrug*

Interesting. I usually stick to my gun's and vote for whoever I agree with. I feel like, after all, if my candidate has such a small showing then my views must be pretty low on the list. But then again, I think our voting system needs a complete overall.

My only time at the polls I was forced to vote dem. for lack of "better" (for me), candidates. NH politics suck.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #129
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
does one vote conscience and possibly "waste" that vote?
No vote, is a wasted vote. Bigger things happen other than placing people into public office.

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #130
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
No vote, is a wasted vote. Bigger things happen other than placing people into public office.
i tend to agree except in the case of an uninformed vote. many vote their party w/out exception. how unfortunate. as far as my "wasted" vote, the concern is that the alternate party candidate would take votes from the GOP and/or DEM. Ross Perot is a good example. allowing an unnamed person to become the pres. Treb/Skewbe, i will not entertain discussion of that pres. just citing an example.