The troll thread - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #161
Registered Member

absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
I care if it survives, because that is natural instinct - just like every other creature. I care if other species survive, because I am capable of intelligent planning. My survival, just like every other creature, is dependent on something else. Many of those 'something elses' happen to be other species THAT is where "intelligent beings" have the one up. Recognition of hardship as a result of a change - then planning for it

I will be the first to contest this.... My neighbor happens to make chiropractic tables, and their son and daughter are chiropractors. There's two "schools of thought" with chiropractic medicine. One is that all problems are caused by the neck and spine, just as you've said. Have foot problems? They will treat the spine. The other school of thought is all body. Have a foot problem? They will treat the foot, and work backwards to the spine if necessary.

As for genetic disease... This again, is a school thing - it's not across the board

I wouldn't say all doctors of chiropractics believe in any one thing (but, I won't deny that there are professionals that do)... Only because there's at least two ways that it's taught.
absolutely. many differences i suspect. there's a celebrity chiropractor(with 2 bothers also DCs) right here in Orlando that claim NO patients w/heart disease. of course if this is true for all three, it excludes pre-existing. this group focuses on nutrition,exercise(including traction), and stress mgmt in addition to spine maintainence.

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #162
*shrug*

I've heard many people with the same argument as you. Too many drugs, too many surgeries, la la la. These people also have a miracle solution! Veganism! Deanna Latson came to speak at dartmouth last spring and she talked about her dying father coming back from the brink when he went vegan. Crazy stuff!

*puzzlingsciencefictionsounds*

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #163
Registered Member

so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Any links to quantitative and controlled studies?

On a side note, the power of positive thinking is pretty well documented. That is how placebos work (and they do have an effect). There is a certain advantage to "getting your brain on your side", and certainly a conviction to a superstition that God allmighty wants you to be ok can help facilitate that mental state.
so... everyone that has an incurable disease lacks the mental capacity to heal self and God's will has no impact. do you really go to church and where?
Old 09-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #164
Supporting Member

bowtieguy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
i have an interesting twist on diet and health, but not really related to the subject. chiropractors/nutritionists claim that the nervous system weighs in heavily on what foods we can eat and how we repair ourselves, which would help in adaptation. they believe ALL diseases start in the spine, the network of "wires" to every function in the body. granted, outside sources contribute to illness and disease but if the nerve supply is pinched, the body cannot fully function/heal itself. in fact, there was a med doctor(forgot the name) that did autopsies on disease related deaths. he found that out of several thousand cases there were pinched nerves in the related area of the spine 100% OF THE TIME. myself and two of my daughters can attest to the healing power the Maker put in all of us. we each were told we needed surgery(different types/issues) or drugs to intervene before being helped thru chiro care naturally. our chiro doc sees this a lot and offers alternatives to the med industry. patients claim to become free of lactose intolerance,head aches,insulin,vision problems,high blood pressure,carpal tunnel,etc. by the way, DCs do not believe in genetic diseases. it takes time and outside influence for this to occur. however,if a child picks up on the same diet/lifestyle as his/her parent, chances are good for them to get similar diseases. just another view.
Sounds a lot like Tai-Chi and Asian medicine to me (keep those meridians flowing!).

My Western/scientific view of Tai-Chi and/or other forms of meditative practice is that you are working to enhance the link between your regular brain and the Enteric nervous system (I think it was called autonomic nervous system in the past). The Enteric nervous system is made up of the same kind of cells that are in your brain. However, instead of being a centralized dedicated "brain", it is a decentralized system that helps run your guts. There is a theory that this could be one reason why people have "gut feelings". I think that the Enteric nervous system stores life experience in an indirect/unconscious manner. When we encounter similar situations, we get those "gut feelings".

Two brains are better than one, especially if you're hungry
http://whyfiles.org/026fear/physio1.html

The Enteric Nervous System
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks...i_nervous.html

http://www.positivehealth.com/articl...a61081f10b9664

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #165
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
I've heard many people with the same argument as you. Too many drugs, too many surgeries, la la la. These people also have a miracle solution! Veganism! Deanna Latson came to speak at dartmouth last spring and she talked about her dying father coming back from the brink when he went vegan. Crazy stuff!

*puzzlingsciencefictionsounds*
what is the one common charactaristic with ALL drugs? destruction. not saying they have no place, just saying they are way over used. also money driven. no way! big oil yes, but not pharm. co.! the US is 5% of the world and we consume 70% of the worlds pharm drugs. do you know where the word ******** is derived? means witchcraft--very fitting. yes, cancer, emergency,and diabetic drugs are useful; but only because of extreme circumstances. alt med is on the rise for a reason. okay, 70% of high blood pressure patients on drugs STILL do not have it under control. what of the other 30%? could it be lifestyle/diet change, and not the drug? i have been misdiagnosed on two occasions(different issues). offered drugs, tried it w/no results; found results with natural "cures." Please consider my view--you are young right? look into it for YOUR benefit.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #166
*shrug*

I'm doing fine on my health, and make a point of avoiding the need for drugs. However, I know people crippled by MS that hang on to life and what limited motor function they have because of very expensive, often used, medications.

I wish people didn't smoke themselves into hospitals or eat cheeseburgers into the grave, but the fact of the matter is that we do and if drugs can bail us out I guess that's okay.

I guess I'm a toss up on the issue.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #167
Registered Member

awesome links

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
bowtieguy -

Sounds a lot like Tai-Chi and Asian medicine to me (keep those meridians flowing!).

My Western/scientific view of Tai-Chi and/or other forms of meditative practice is that you are working to enhance the link between your regular brain and the Enteric nervous system (I think it was called autonomic nervous system in the past). The Enteric nervous system is made up of the same kind of cells that are in your brain. However, instead of being a centralized dedicated "brain", it is a decentralized system that helps run your guts. There is a theory that this could be one reason why people have "gut feelings". I think that the Enteric nervous system stores life experience in an indirect/unconscious manner. When we encounter similar situations, we get those "gut feelings".

Two brains are better than one, especially if you're hungry
http://whyfiles.org/026fear/physio1.html

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks...i_nervous.html

http://www.positivehealth.com/articl...a61081f10b9664

CarloSW2
awesome links Carlos. my oldest daughter HAD early scoliosis and with chiro care we ARE reversing it (X-ray proof). interestingly she had IBS and this was attributed to the scoliosis. now, several years later she has fully recovered(actually got almost immediate relief). trust me, you do not want to see x-rays/mri of spine's of diseased people(crushed cord,mangled bone alignment)
Old 09-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #168
Registered Member

do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
I'm doing fine on my health, and make a point of avoiding the need for drugs. However, I know people crippled by MS that hang on to life and what limited motor function they have because of very expensive, often used, medications.

I wish people didn't smoke themselves into hospitals or eat cheeseburgers into the grave, but the fact of the matter is that we do and if drugs can bail us out I guess that's okay.

I guess I'm a toss up on the issue.
do yourself a favor. at the first sign of ANY health issue, see an MD and a DC--get two opinions. trust me, sooner or later you will have an issue. some MD will send car crash victims(non emergency w/pain) to a DC for example.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #169
*shrug*

Indeed. If I ever get sick,
Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #170
Registered Member

OK...

OK, so what's this thread all about again???

True, if I insisted on better nutrition, then I wouldn't have so many throat infections -- despite the constant air travel...

So, what does this have to do with fuel economy???

Off topic this is what is it is, I suppose....

Let me be the a-hole and re-center the discussion on the original intent: FE.

RH77