The troll thread - Page 23 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #221
Registered Member

Problem is that bowtie acts like a victim, but undermines things that would do the world some good. Oooh, snow in florida, gee, in winter?!? That is completely specious and demonstrates that one does not understand that envioronmental change is not going to be a smooth warming of the globe but rather more energy will be put in the system and there will be greater and more numerous swings in extremes.

Some folks complain that we are not doing anything about it, well we can start by not listening to people who's only agenda seems to be to muddy the waters with their own confusion.

RECORD high in the midwest today, specious? In and of itself, yes. Combined with snow in florida? Perhaps evidence of mans effect on the environment.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #222
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Problem is that bowtie acts like a victim, but undermines things that would do the world some good. Oooh, snow in florida, gee, in winter?!? That is completely specious and demonstrates that one does not understand that envioronmental change is not going to be a smooth warming of the globe but rather more energy will be put in the system and there will be greater and more numerous swings in extremes.

Some folks complain that we are not doing anything about it, well we can start by not listening to people who's only agenda seems to be to muddy the waters with their own confusion.

RECORD high in the midwest today, specious? In and of itself, yes. Combined with snow in florida? Perhaps evidence of mans effect on the environment.
ZZZZZZZ.......

ZZZZZZZ.......

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #223
Registered Member

asleep? Nothing new, been sleeping through science class too?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #224
Registered Member

Quote:

or could just be the earth being weird again(look at the bizard of 79) remember in 1999 when there was a huge blizerd all over the midwest, we got like nearly 2ft of snow or in the 1930's heat wave and drought everywhere
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #225
Registered Member

I'm not saying that this single record event is conclusive, the smart people have done the ethical thing and run the numbers and studied the science more than anyone on this site. Environmental change is a real and observable phenominon, parts of the world (or this country if your vision does not extend to the world as a whole) will be going through significant climate changes, some areas becoming more aarid, some getting wetter, some getting warmer, some getting cooler.

But just because one cannot see the connection or understand the science does not make it go away. And I am not qualified field all questions about it or correct the myriad of misinformation being put forth as "evidence to the contrary".

All I can say is that you will have to do your own homework, keeping in mind the simplest bit of psychology that our ego depends on "not being wrong", i.e. it takes some adherence to ethicical behavior and integrity to be able to set aside our natural bias to blame anyone or anything but ourselves for a problem.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #226
Registered Member

Just some rants:
Taxes should be low.
Republicans should stay out of people's bedrooms + the abortion issue.
Democrats should quit staying busy substituting government for common sense.
Britney Spears shouldn't get any more media coverage.
Paris Hilton really isn't hot.
No, the world really DOESN'T revolve around New York City.
No, Californians aren't all hippies or obsessed with movie stars.
I hate living in a dry county.

[/rant]
'09 Harley Nightster - 48mpg and 1/4 miles in the 12's
jcp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #227
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Just some rants:
Taxes should be low.
Republicans should stay out of people's bedrooms + the abortion issue.
Democrats should quit staying busy substituting government for common sense.
Britney Spears shouldn't get any more media coverage.
Paris Hilton really isn't hot.
No, the world really DOESN'T revolve around New York City.
No, Californians aren't all hippies or obsessed with movie stars.
I hate living in a dry county.

[/rant]
if these were put in order:

taxes...IS #1

Paris Hilton really ISN'T hot is no doubt #2
Old 01-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #228
Registered Member

Quote:
asleep? Nothing new, been sleeping through science class too?
now THAT was funny, and absent of abuse.

actually i fell asleep after hearing that same message for the ? time!

if so much arrogance didn't accompany said abuses, i'd like to meet you...would love to see only the third person EVER to walk on water!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #229
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
Succeed by building a foundation with the bricks thrown at you!
Speaking of being out of touch with reality, what exactly do you fancy yourself as having succeeded at?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:51 AM   #230
Registered Member

Quote:
Speaking of being out of touch with reality, what exactly do you fancy yourself as having succeeded at?
do not believe that THIS is an awards ceremony, trophy/accolades counter, glory days reminder, or any such thing even remotely related.

that said, if your comment suggests that i may have delusions of self success, let me remind you that you know nothing of me except my views. THIS is extremely obvious, but you seem to let the obvious slip right by you very often.

now, i will not go on a boasting rant. but i will say that my accolades can not even begin to compare w/ showing love and support not only to family and friends, but to total stangers. THAT is true success. if you have the gift of _______, but not love, what do you really have?

my tangible success, decided by others, was achieved by humility and integrity. by this i mean realizing my mistakes and work to avoid the same ones.