The troll thread - Page 9 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #81
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
fascists? they came already remember?--flying jets into our buildings. or do you prefer naming the catholics...i'm not catholic by the way.
Heh, you sure must like that picture No, you don't even know what you are, but I'll give you a hint, you know all those labels you try and put on everyone else?...

Good thing we are going to spend a trillion dollars in response to punks hijaaking airplanes. And did you hear? We got that sadam bin ladin guy!!!

Wonder what a trillion dollars could have done for alternative energy research.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #82
Registered Member

And here's something to twist a few brains- all the "centrist" and "lefties" hate GW Bush because he's so right wing, but if you compare his platform to John Kennedy's, Bush is positively to the left. JFK was strong on keeping the US presence in Viet Nam, and didn't back down from the USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis- what would Boxer, Feinstein, Pelosi and the killer drunk senator from Massachusettes think of JFK's downright aggressive, confrontational stances? JFK was an American, and wasn't ashamed. Every pol since Reagan has routinely apologized for being American, either by word or through action.
How do you feel about the United Nations pressuring the US to take "international opinion" into account when making decisions on Constitutional law?

stinkindiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #83
Registered Member

Why do people need labels?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #84
Registered Member

skewbe- at least you admit it was punks who hijacked the planes. I get so worn down by conspiracy theorists whispering that they were remote controlled planes flown by our warmongering government to give us an excuse to take all Saddam's oil.
I mean, we needed a reason, but I don't believe the gov't flew remote control planes into the towers.
Saddam said he preferred Euros to dollars, and... well...
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #85
Registered Member

skewbe, people give themselves labels, so why do you feel they shouldn't label others? Of course, saying someone is right-minded, centrist or a leftie isn't labelling them, it's labelling a facet or behavior. When someone calls my office and asks who I am, I say I'm the big shaved-headed guy and they say "ohhh, yeah!" Then they tell their freinds, go see this guy, walk in and look for the big shaved dude. Am I labelled? Is it bad? Is it worse to call me a Constitutionalist, because it identifies me by my politics? "Labelling" is a way to identify others; I think it's harmful only when you cease to see the rest of the person.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #86
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
... I think it's harmful only when you cease to see the rest of the person.
That articulates my main concern with labels pretty well.

I will admit I had some doubts about the truth behind United Airlines Flight 93, but it is not a constructive area of discussion.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #87
Registered Member

Yes, I'm back for a moment. I didn't plan to post on this thread again, but I've still been reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
That articulates my main concern with labels pretty well.
This comment is just rich, skewbe. You say you look past the labels? Then why, when I said I don't believe what I've seen is conclusive proof of global warming, did you label me a fool and only deride my posts? This statement makes you a real hypocrite.

I did have a nice rant about this lined up, retyped it several times, and decided it simply isn't worth the bother. When you attempt to discuss someone's religion with them, any doubts you have about their beliefs result in attacks way out of proportion to the doubt expressed. And since to me Al Gore is a super-polluting SOB and not an enviro-god...
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #88
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telco View Post
Yes, I'm back for a moment. I didn't plan to post on this thread again, but I've still been reading.
No comment.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #89
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Quote:
No comment.
Uh huh, I changed my mind and posted after saying I was done with it. It's something people with open minds can do, is change their mind based on what they see.
Telco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #90
Registered Member

nothing about anything

Quote:

This comment is just rich, skewbe. You say you look past the labels? Then why, when I said I don't believe what I've seen is conclusive proof of global warming, did you label me a fool and only deride my posts? This statement makes you a real hypocrite.

I did have a nice rant about this lined up, retyped it several times, and decided it simply isn't worth the bother. When you attempt to discuss someone's religion with them, any doubts you have about their beliefs result in attacks way out of proportion to the doubt expressed. And since to me Al Gore is a super-polluting SOB and not an enviro-god...
this has nothing to do with anything but...all of you guys are above myself in intellect and how to articulate your wording(to sound intelligent-i do struggle to convey my views). anywho...outside of Telco and Stinkindiesel, i question the real world(experience vs talking only intellect)views of some of those who post on this and other threads. please stay with me. had a co-worker call me today asking for help. his wife has a terminal illness(not much time he says) and was asking me about faith,life w/out her,kids etc. i AM NOT a councelor by any stretch--simply a nonmanagement leader. to the point: contrary to popular belief, i DO have an extremely strong grasp of sanity/reality. this was not an isolated incident --people in general respect my views and ask for my help fairly regularly. i absolutely have a genuine love for helping people. my mental toughness far outways my IQ(had more than my share of adversity). having said all that, must say to the oposing point of view...no way am i better than you(just forgiven), but my advice is to swallow pride and accept others regardless of political or religious views. you might be suprised that my stand, just like Christ, is anti-religious. read Matthew ch 23 if you have access! not bragging here, just trying to establish compare and contrast between experience vs intellectual theory?

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote