The troll thread - Page 16 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #151
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkindiesel View Post
Why won't mankind eventually adapt to UV's and heat? I mean, not everyone will, but the ones that do will procreate, etc. etc.
...The question is -- should we need that adaptation... will the things that support us move along at the same rate (such as food supply)...
And unless you think that humans are at the center of all life, you might take exception to them trashing the place weather they actually survive themselves or not.

Fun Facts to know and tell:
Galileo was persecuted and convicted by the leading church of the time while proving the sun was at the center of the solar system. Now some religious groups are trying their best to discredit evolution (and even had it removed from the Kansas public schools) and have it replaced with religious "theories".

Old 09-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #152
Registered Member

Yeah, but if Galileo had read his Bible, he would've been able to quote scripture in that God unrolled the heavens as a scroll and hung the sun in the firmament. Religious persecution isn't right in any century; however, today's political climate that disallows Christians the right to assemble for prayer in school on their own time but allows Muslim kids to be excused from class for their prayerful observances is a bit hypocritical.
And, if man is just an evolved animal, why do you care if it or any other species survives? I understand individual animals being deeply concerned about their own personal survival, but unless you have a suspicion that there IS an afterlife, why care about anyone else's survival? If this is all there is, why try so hard? After all, we're just happy coincidences of elements and time.
Or does your spirit tell you that there is more than this?
BTW, Kansas' schools have not had evolution bounced from the curriculum; they want creation to be taught as well.
Treb- please check my facts: doesn't the scientific process dictate that something is only "fact" if it is reproducible, until then it's "theory"? And that something is considered to be statistically impossible if the chances of it occurring are less than 1:10to the 36th? Doesn't the possibility of evolution even getting to the "complete amino acid ladder" stage fall somewhere around 1:10 to the 54th? These are the numbers IIRC but I've fallen before.

stinkindiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #153
Registered Member

Quote:
Religious persecution isn't right in any century; however, today's political climate that disallows Christians the right to assemble for prayer in school on their own time but allows Muslim kids to be excused from class for their prayerful observances is a bit hypocritical..
But that ain't hypocritical based on what you said. If those Christians wanna be excused to go pray off campus as a group they can, just like the Muslim kids can. And, I doubt an advertised Muslim prayer group would be allowed to pray on school grounds either.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #154
Registered Member

Quote:
...why do you care if it or any other species survives?...
Because I fancy myself intelligent AND compassionate.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #155
Registered Member

interesting twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
No one said that it couldn't/wouldn't/hasn't happen(ed)... Body hair thickness is a somewhat decent metric though - a consistently moving population makes it a little less reliable though (after all, we do travel more than 20mi from where we were born nowadays ). It also doesn't foster a genetic change when we stay sheltered for much of our lives... While not evolutionary on a genetic scale, it still exemplifies the fit (those with shelter) surviving compared to those without shelter (and pass from exposure).

The question is -- should we need that adaptation... will the things that support us move along at the same rate (such as food supply).

If you don't want to believe it, that's fine... I really don't care if you believe this
i have an interesting twist on diet and health, but not really related to the subject. chiropractors/nutritionists claim that the nervous system weighs in heavily on what foods we can eat and how we repair ourselves, which would help in adaptation. they believe ALL diseases start in the spine, the network of "wires" to every function in the body. granted, outside sources contribute to illness and disease but if the nerve supply is pinched, the body cannot fully function/heal itself. in fact, there was a med doctor(forgot the name) that did autopsies on disease related deaths. he found that out of several thousand cases there were pinched nerves in the related area of the spine 100% OF THE TIME. myself and two of my daughters can attest to the healing power the Maker put in all of us. we each were told we needed surgery(different types/issues) or drugs to intervene before being helped thru chiro care naturally. our chiro doc sees this a lot and offers alternatives to the med industry. patients claim to become free of lactose intolerance,head aches,insulin,vision problems,high blood pressure,carpal tunnel,etc. by the way, DCs do not believe in genetic diseases. it takes time and outside influence for this to occur. however,if a child picks up on the same diet/lifestyle as his/her parent, chances are good for them to get similar diseases. just another view.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #156
Registered Member

Oh yeah. And since it's never been reproduced OR transitional life forms discovered, evolution is pretty well discredited by science. Think about it objectively: if you approach evolution with a purely scientific mind, you must discard it. It will not stand up to scientific scrutiny. The problem is that science is far too invested in evolution to make a critical examination; imagine the social and political repercussions from having to look for a new explanation of why "we" are.
Personally, just the self-esteem boost from knowing that I'm a created being, made in the image of God himself and loved above all other things by Him, is enough to have me cast my faith in creation. You may believe in evolution, but I have faith in God (Yaweh, Yeshua, Yehoshua, Jehovah, Jesus), the Creator of all things that have been created.
People believed the earth was flat; they were wrong. Scientists believed horse hairs became eels when they fell in water; they were wrong. Scientists believed rotting meat turned into maggots; they were wrong. Night air gave you malaria (wrong). Tomatoes are poisonous (wrong). Heck, scientists even gave Thalidomide to expectant mothers and prescribed cigarettes.
All these things have proven folly. Why do you expect evolution to show itself to be any different? Analyze it. You don't have to embrace creation, just treat evolution with the same scepticism.
stinkindiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #157
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh yeah. And since it's never been reproduced OR transitional life forms discovered, evolution is pretty well discredited by science. Think about it objectively: if you approach evolution with a purely scientific mind, you must discard it.
I think you must have been playing with the methanol again.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #158
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
i have an interesting twist on diet and health...
Any links to quantitative and controlled studies?

On a side note, the power of positive thinking is pretty well documented. That is how placebos work (and they do have an effect). There is a certain advantage to "getting your brain on your side", and certainly a conviction to a superstition that God allmighty wants you to be ok can help facilitate that mental state.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #159
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
And, if man is just an evolved animal, why do you care if it or any other species survives?
I care if it survives, because that is natural instinct - just like every other creature. I care if other species survive, because I am capable of intelligent planning. My survival, just like every other creature, is dependent on something else. Many of those 'something elses' happen to be other species THAT is where "intelligent beings" have the one up. Recognition of hardship as a result of a change - then planning for it.

Quote:
they believe ALL diseases start in the spine,...by the way, DCs do not believe in genetic diseases.
I will be the first to contest this.... My neighbor happens to make chiropractic tables, and their son and daughter are chiropractors. There's two "schools of thought" with chiropractic medicine. One is that all problems are caused by the neck and spine, just as you've said. Have foot problems? They will treat the spine. The other school of thought is all body. Have a foot problem? They will treat the foot, and work backwards to the spine if necessary.

As for genetic disease... This again, is a school thing - it's not across the board

I wouldn't say all doctors of chiropractics believe in any one thing (but, I won't deny that there are professionals that do)... Only because there's at least two ways that it's taught.

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #160
Registered Member

remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Any links to quantitative and controlled studies?

On a side note, the power of positive thinking is pretty well documented. That is how placebos work (and they do have an effect). There is a certain advantage to "getting your brain on your side", and certainly a conviction to a superstition that God allmighty wants you to be ok can help facilitate that mental state.
remember Skewbe, this is me. i'm not a walking study/statistic. there are studies/stats that i read and consider, but do not save or document. i'm not consumed by debating. just offering another view/attempt to help others, and as usual you dismiss it. if i were you,i'd look into it at the very least because you are very resouceful(honest comment, not sarcasm). the med industry is the leading cause of death in the US(not cancer and heart disease). this is via surgeries,drugs,and misdiagnosis. my father WAS 3 inches taller than i, now he is slouched over maybe 6 inches shorter now. i HAD migraines,back pain, and kidney issues prior. placebo right? chiro could be a scam right? my doc adjusts my kids and high school atheletes for no charge! check the WHO for health rankings for industrialized nations. the US ranks 70 some. out of about 100 with the best med docs and drugs in the world. are you not open to another view FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT?

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote