Thrifty McGassaver got some bling! - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #41
Registered Member

I think

tartaruga gigante
50hp/50mpg

Would be neat, and not piss anyone off. Since I can't go much faster than 55mph with 50hp. At least that's what most would like to think.

edit- I got it!

50hp of Fury
h=hamster

I bet noone will ride my tail after that.

omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #42
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
that's a good one OMG. I always loved the jokes about Hondas being hamster powered too.

UPDATE:

The commutes last night and this morning were once again better than usual! no tailgating and no gestures. If all goes well on tonights and tomorrows commutes, I'm going to call this experiment good. The only thing I have to really worry about is the police. The frame is borderline covering up the stickers and state name. Hopefully the FE Gods are on my side and the cops will turn a blind eye.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #43
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
UPDATE:
Drove by a state trooper on the side of an entrance ramp this morning....saw him look at my frame and the give me a thumbs up! I just have to make sure not to catch a trooper on a bad day though because this frame is rather borderline for covering up the stickers.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 AM   #44

Tom - last April I was pulled over on 35 south and was informed rather nicely that 'plate frames and covers(clear ones even!??) are not Mn legal' among other items that brought the fine total into the stratosphere . I was then told with a smile to have a happy birthday and slow the heck down ...and I have . Best birthday present I've ever gotten .
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #45
Registered Member

I know that the clear covers are illegal, but the plate frames aren't a problem as long as they don't cover the state name and registration stickers.

I know this frame is pushing the limits, but as of last night, I was driving home and had a police officer behind me and saw the frame and had no problems with it. I think it's partially due to the phrase that is on it. So I'm going to keep it on the car until an officer tells me to remove it. At that point I'll probably remount the frame in the rear hatch window so it's still displayed for people to see. Oh, and I had no muffler on my car last night either, but ironically, the car was no louder at speed on the highway. It's only a couple Dbs louder under acceleration as well. I'm going to be putting a completely new system on this weekend or the first part of the week. I'll be making a post about it all after it's finished.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2007, 04:10 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
as long as they don't cover the state name and registration stickers.

I know this frame is pushing the limits, ... and had no problems with it. I think it's partially due to the phrase that is on it. So I'm going to keep it on the car until an officer tells me to remove it.
I had no muffler on my car last night either, but ironically, the car was no louder at speed on the highway. It's only a couple Dbs louder.... I'll be making a post about it all after it's finished.
Unfortunately for me my reg. stickers were mostly covered . I used the same excuse "I'll remove it when they say so " of course mine didn't have a slogan to drive sensibly either, so that may give yours an advantage !
Interested to hear about the exhaust . I've noticed the same phenomena when going light on the loud pedal . My old Focus only had a 9" glasspack as a resonator and a resonated tip to get rid of the Blap Blap on decel - it was a very low and deep sound but definitely not loud .
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:20 AM   #47
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to OdieTurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
So I was at Target this morning picking up some things and saw one of those "Create your own message" License plate frames....well, I bought it and this is what sits on the back of my VX:
I just got the same frame at Wal-Mart for $8 also! Though unfortunately, my girlfriend was with me. She didn't want anything too "nerdy" so she put "I (heart) HEATHER!" on the top! I did get to put "BEST MPG 43.5 " on the bottom though! I'll grab a pic when I get home!