Tips for burns? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
*shrug*

Tips for burns?

Basically the entire pad on my left index finger. It burns rather badly, I have it pressed against ice now. Got it on the ice within 15 seconds, but it looked like the skin had blistered off. Too scared to take it off the ice to check,

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
Supporting Member

cold is good, 20 minutes max at a time, otherwise you get ice burn or something, which is supposedly the same as a hot burn. After that I think healing ointment with pain medicine in it. or just aloe, which heals but does nothing about pain. up to you. burns suck.

budomove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

General Care /Thermal Burns
  1. Stop the burning. Put out flames or remove the victim from the source of the burn.
  2. Cool the burn. Use large amounts of cool water to cool the burn. Never use ice except on small superficial burns, because it causes body heat loss. If the area cannot be immersed, like the face, you can soak a clean cloth and apply it to the burn, being sure to continue adding water to keep the cloth cool.
  3. Cover the burn. Use dry, sterile dressings or a clean cloth to help prevent infection and reduce pain. Bandage loosely. Do not put any ointment on a burn unless it is very minor. Do not use any other home remedies, and do not break any blisters. For minor burns or burns with broken blisters that are not severe enough to require medical attention, wash the burned area with soap and water, keep it clean and apply an antibiotic ointment. Remember, some people can be allergic to topical ointments, so if you have any doubts, call your doctor for advice. For a victim of severe burns, lay him or her down unless he or she is having trouble breathing. Try to raise the burned areas above the level of the victim's heart if possible, and protect the victim from drafts.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
*shrug*

I should try some wudder, but it hurts sooooo much to take it off the ice, ugh.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
I should try some wudder, but it hurts sooooo much to take it off the ice, ugh.
Wudder? Do you mean butter? Won't do a thing but make your finger slippery. Use Neosporin ointment to prevent infection. You can keep it on the ice until the pain goes away, take it off until the pain returns, then put it back on ice. This way you won't freeze the tissue and cause a cold burn. Take some Ibuprofen tablets to help with the pain. 800 mg is prescription dose.

Blue skies,

Patrick
vegasjetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #6
*shrug*

Wudder is NJ for water, I have it swirling in wudder now, the ice was burning my other fingers. I tried on off but the pain doesn't go away, so it just gets worse when the ice is off. Swirling wudder seems good though.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
Registered Member

How'd you burn it?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
*shrug*

The safety lever on my lawnmower is streched, and it died so I went to adjust it and slipped onto the exhaust.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #9
Registered Member

Oww! Damn that hurts!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
*shrug*