Too Funny! Has to be shared. - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2017, 01:49 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I'd have to see the source and how they calculate, etc. but in any event the fault lies with certain people not inanimate objects.
You've said that before, but I have to disagree sorry. Guns were only designed to murder, no other use for them. Self defence is not a plausible excuse if the the other guy has a gun. We had a school shooting once about 30 years ago, we banned guns and there hasn't been one since. In 2015 there were 62 school incidents involving firearms in the US. Now people are being murdered live on tv and social media.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
In 2015 there were 62 school incidents involving firearms in the US. Now people are being murdered live on tv and social media.
Paul, that ONLY happens during sweeps week, which is when TV viewership is tallied to recalculate a TV show's advertising rates.

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:33 PM   #23
LDB
Registered Member

It's your privilege to disagree and I support your choice to do so. I can't force you to be correct. However, guns have many sporting purposes as well as personal defense purposes. And personal defense of myself and my family is 100% my responsibility, not anyone else's and not the police's. Guns are inanimate objects just like a hammer, a toaster, a butcher knife, a 1967 VW Karmann Ghia and a golf club. It's only when humans choose to misuse any of those things that they become a problem.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I can't force you to be correct.
What if you had a gun?
Old 02-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #25
LDB
Registered Member

I'd be personally protected which is what it is for.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #26
Registered Member

Thanks. But here's my argument, the only reason you feel you would need a gun, is to murder the other guy with a gun. We don't have guns here because we don't need guns, there are very few guns, and it's no coincidence there are very few gun related deaths.

I hear people in the US say "we need more guns to make America safer" well gun registrations have been rising every year. In 2014 there were 12554 deaths by firearm, 2015 there were 13485, in 2016 there were 15050. That doesn't include the average 22,000 suicides by firearm every year too. It's beyond out of control in my humble opinion.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #27
LDB
Registered Member

You couldn't be more wrong. I have no intention of murdering anyone. It's the criminals who are intent on harming me I choose to be prepared to protect myself from, many of whom will use a weapon in their criminal activity. I will not willingly be a victim and will do what I can, legally, to achieve that. That primarily and foremost means being properly equipped and trained to defend myself and my family. Take out the gang and other crime related activity from your numbers and the total is extremely small in a nation of well over 300M. Combined with the 2M or so times a year guns are used to prevent crimes or stop them sooner and they are a pretty good thing.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #28
Registered Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I can't imagine living in an environment where people have been brainwashed to the point of paranoia where they believe keeping a weapon of murder close to family members is a good idea. People live in fear over there, not so long ago a 19 year old girl had a car accident and knocked on the nearest house for help. The home owner opened the door, blasted her with his shotgun and murdered her, no questions asked. Last month, people strayed into thier neighbours garden looking for thier dog, thier neighbour went out and shot them. That thing happens every day, I'm not sure how anyone can admit it's not a serious problem.

Just a quick question, do you think citizens here in the UK are less or more safe since the gun ban?

Old 02-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #29
Registered Member

Gun control is a tough subject. I don't have a firearm. But I like the notion of citizen gun ownership as a hedge against an out of control government.

Outlawing firearms ONLY takes guns away from law abiding citizens. Don't kid ourselves, legal or not, USA criminals will ALWAYS be able to obtain a firearm. ALWAYS. So, why bother?

However, I think there should be a way to trace a spent bullet back to the original buyer of that round.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #30
LDB
Registered Member

Do you have a butcher knife in your kitchen for cooking? Weapon of murder. Do you have a hammer in your toolbox? Weapon of murder. Do you have rope in the shed? Weapon of murder. I seriously doubt the veracity of your examples but it's possible they are remotely true with the other side of the coin not be accurately presented, if at all. I also believe there are still plenty of firearm crimes in the UK although I don't keep a digest so I can't immediately quote those I've heard about. And there is no brainwashing or paranoia going on. Just a citizen exercising a right rather than a subject living in subjection.