VX at the track - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
If you go with sway bars you'll need to replace the radius rod portion of the front lower control arms in order to get provisions for securing the front sway bar.

The same would be said about the rear LCAs as well, but you can always drill the rear LCA for a mounting point for the rear sway.

Good call on replacing the bushings as well. I just did this in the front of my VX and it made a world of difference. I used the Energy Suspension kit. but then again, I had 420,000+ miles on the bushings too.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Registered Member

I did not know that I would have to replace any other components to make the anti-roll bars fit. Other '92 - '95 models had a front bar, and I am thinking that the EX Coupe may have had a rear one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tom O, what kind of header do you have on your VX? It looks like the DC Sports one I had on my old '99 Si. Did you run into any problems clearing the stock catalytic converter, or did you put one under the car like on the non-VX models?

IndyFetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
Registered Member

OH, man. It must be nice to have aftermarket support. I had to customise an Energy Suspension kit to fit my car. A friend made adjustable solid swaybar endlinks, which help, too.
You can also adjust your toe, and camber.
fowljesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #14
Registered Member

i always wondered how fast they are on the 1/4. a vx is mostly a FE car.
civic94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
I did not know that I would have to replace any other components to make the anti-roll bars fit. Other '92 - '95 models had a front bar, and I am thinking that the EX Coupe may have had a rear one. Thanks for the heads-up.
The Si Model hatchbacks had the rear swaybar as well, or you can go with one from a two door Integra from 94-01. But don't go bigger than the stock ones from non-Type-R models (14mm) as it can tear the subframe on the VX. there are Beaks kits and ASR subframe reinforcement kits out there to enable running larger rear sways, but then it gets expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
Tom O, what kind of header do you have on your VX? It looks like the DC Sports one I had on my old '99 Si. Did you run into any problems clearing the stock catalytic converter, or did you put one under the car like on the non-VX models?
I have one of the no-name $40 Ebay ones from about 3 or so years ago.
I had to use the non-VX/CX style Catalytic converter (under car, not under hood) in order to run that header. I also made a custom exhaust to mate up to the new header/Cat Converter at the time of installation.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
The Si Model hatchbacks had the rear swaybar as well, or you can go with one from a two door Integra from 94-01.
Tsk, tsk ... no, they didn't. Only Civic Hatchbacks in Europe and Japan got a rear sway bar. If you check out a CDM/USDM Si set of rear discs, you'll see that the LCA doesn't have the attachment points.

OP has a couple options for LCAs & a rear sway in the US: The 4-dr EX Civic with ABS had the sway; all Integras did too. These LCAs have attachment points for the bar, but notably almost all also had ABS, and so has attachment points for some ABS stuff on the LCA, too. If you're after LCAs without ABS attachment points, then you can look to the Integra RS model. The diameter of the Civic & RS bar is 13mm, I think the others (minus ITR) are all 14mm.

Another option is to do what I did, and use LCAs from the 89-91 Civic Si. These are the exact same LCAs that came on some 92-95 European Civics w/ sway and w/o ABS.
deschlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deschlong View Post
Tsk, tsk ... no, they didn't. Only Civic Hatchbacks in Europe and Japan got a rear sway bar. If you check out a CDM/USDM Si set of rear discs, you'll see that the LCA doesn't have the attachment points.
Aw man, I swear that my buddies '95 Si hatch had a rear sway on it when he got it....maybe it was added on then. Oh well, us USDM guys get the short end of the stick all the time

Quote: