We Need More "SUSTAINABLE" Energy - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: We Need More "SUSTAINABLE" Energy

it really is irrelevant. many(most?) consumers do not care to make responsible decisions until they're forced to. this US white house and senate as well as the left and their lobbyists do not care to make conscience decisions that will affect both near and distant consequences. they say they are planning for both, but reality has proven otherwise. the right isn't much better, but at least they recognize the needs of our nation...NOW!

now, when we ALL are forced to it will likely be too late...

this guy is selling something...yes. but if it helps people prepare and wake up...so be it!... www.endofamerica66.com

edit: if you "x" out the link after loading(then click "do not leave"), it will skip the audio and show text only for faster reading rather than viewing/listening. and if you think this is fear fantasy...well, i suggest you run for a political seat and join the rest of the ostriches!

edit2: GS moderators...not meant to be political--just tired of being responsible while watching most of the rest continue on the road to bankruptcy and financial collapse!

bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
Registered Member

OMG vette and bowtie are you ****ing me? There ain't no animal issues for the Bakken area, and the left or right being any better/worse than the other? Pul-eez!

As for shatto, did you see/interpret the numbers I provided? You know, the ones backed up by links to objective facts about this?

What is it about the 6 month supply nobody got? Could that be the reason the Bakken isn't on all the headlines in the nation?

Still don't know where that $16/bbl came from. I didn't find it.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #13
Registered Member

We should ask how the Canadians feel about their tar sands. It's a dirty, energy intensive process to get usable crude out of it, and is actually part of the reason NG prices have gone up.

Oil shale takes more effort to extract.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
Registered Member

Come on now boys- I love debunking stupid theories and conclusions. Don't poop out on me now.

Shatto- do you aim to willfully deceive, or are you willfully deceived?

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #15
Registered Member

the price(high or low) of "fuel" will be an after thought if consumers and govt don't control their spending.

come on clencher, do you really believe we can tax and spend our way out of this mess? especially to the tune of MORE taxation?
Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #16
Registered Member

We are talking about taxes?

I thought this was about oil and the Bakken and stuff.

Geez, and I thought my attention deficit disorder was bad.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

Old 04-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
Registered Member

alas, i digress. still, the price is related to foolishness by all parties in my estimation.

bet your interest would be peaked by beer prices on the rise and extra taxation eh?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
OMG vette and bowtie are you ****ing me? There ain't no animal issues for the Bakken area, and the left or right being any better/worse than the other? Pul-eez!

As for shatto, did you see/interpret the numbers I provided? You know, the ones backed up by links to objective facts about this?

What is it about the 6 month supply nobody got? Could that be the reason the Bakken isn't on all the headlines in the nation?

Still don't know where that $16/bbl came from. I didn't find it.
lol i was being sarcastic because of the idiots that complained about animals freaking out because of drilling in alaska
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #19
Registered Member

I don't know about Alaska, but I do know that human activity can and often does have very negative effects on creatures. I've seen it in my state, in my lifetime. Not good, and to be concerned about it is not idiotic.

I have no doubt the oil can and will be extracted in Alaska, and in ways that don't bother the creatures too much. However, would the oil companies have given a crap about their footprint if they didn't have to for public relations reasons? I can find many stories of devastated ecosystems caused by drillers in other parts of the world where they thought they were out of reach of regulations.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
alas, i digress. still, the price is related to foolishness by all parties in my estimation.

bet your interest would be peaked by beer prices on the rise and extra taxation eh?
In the SHORT TERM prices are effected by policy, yes, as in the deregulation of rules on speculation in the commodities markets, monetary policy that protects the value of the dollar, etc. In the LONG TERM oil prices have only one way to go and that is up- it being a finite resource facing virtually limitless demand, domestic and global. In fact oil is a global commodity (if anyone bothered to look at the links I provided, you'd see the U.S. EXPORTS, yes EXPORTS oil too) so really there isn't much one can do to alter global crude prices is there. Oh, we can use less and thus buy less and thus save money that way. We can make and enforce rules to prevent speculators from going too far either way with valuations. Sure we can drill domestic supplies, and we are... and for those deposits we aren't, it's mostly because the oil is expensive to extract and thus what oil company in their right mind would go after it unless the crude prices were high enough? The U.S. has 2% of known global reserves and 25% of global consumption- sorry, whoever says we can achieve oil independence soley through domestic drilling is going to have to show me the math on that one. ANWR doesn't contain enough oil to make a material difference to any of us anyway, and it looks like the Bakken is no different. Ever stopped to ask yourself why, if there's so much oil in ANWR and Bakken, that every newspaper in the nation doesn't have 2" headlines and ticker tape parades proclaiming "US NOW OIL INDEPENDENT"? I figured there's about a 6 month supply in the Bakken, even using the top estimate that shatto and I agree is published. Is my math wrong? Hah? Who gets excited about 6 months of oil? Why? Will it make you run out and buy a new Silverado and drive it all over creation? What? I don't get it.

But you guys knew that already right? This is all old information and I'd think anyone that's been on a fuel economy forum for any length of time would totally know this by now and if not (shatto... ) forget it.

Speaking of math, if gasoline was $10/gallon I'd have to fork out another $60/month. Er... it's not even $4 yet for most of us and look at all the crying. Has anyone REALLY figured out what they spend in gas/month, or are the whiners just jumping on the whining bandwagon? Whoever doesn't have $60 in their budget for gas really, truly is a poor slob.

Where is this $16/bbl oil? Linky? Anyone?

What does the price rise under Obama mean? What does the price rise under w mean? Anyone? shatto- you thought it was important enough to lead your first post with- what are you saying? Hah? What?

F150:
New EPA12/14/17