Welcome back DaX! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-23-2006, 03:59 AM   #21

No sweat from what anyone

No sweat from what anyone has said - but I don't believe I'll be needing a prenuptual agreement. I see marriage as a commitment, not a signed contract. My life has been scarred by divorce left and right - every grandparent, my parents, two of my siblings, and countless aunts & uncles have gone through divorces I've personally witnessed. It's all good though - it's taught me the importance of making sure you make the right decision ONCE.

Yeah, the planning stage is kind of rough - mostly worrying about where the money will come from, but I'm sure it will come through - I rarely cave under pressure.

Anyhow, no need for any deep apologies, but that first remark was kind of weird, haha. I'll be around for sure and keep updates coming as I can. Again about prenups - if we did divorce and she sued me, all she'd be after is a huge lump of debt - our cars are 18, 16, and 9 years old, and we don't have much else.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #22
Driving on E

Re: No sweat from what anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Anyhow, no need for any deep apologies, but that first remark was kind of weird, haha. I'll be around for sure and keep updates coming as I can. Again about prenups - if we did divorce and she sued me, all she'd be after is a huge lump of debt - our cars are 18, 16, and 9 years old, and we don't have much else.
LOL! I can see it now.. "Your honor, I want 50% of his debt. It's only right!"

Luckily I married someone who is a VERY independant woman. She works and we each pay for our own stuff. We have seperate bank accounts, buy our own clothes, toys, etc. We don't have to ask permission to do anything. It's really the perfect marriage. Her being incredibily attractive doesn't hurt either. We knew going into the marriage that money is the #1 reason for conflict in marriage. We decided to make it a non-issue from the beginning.

take lots of pictures at that car show!

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #23
Registered Member

Re: No sweat from what anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
LOL! I can see it now.. "Your honor, I want 50% of his debt. It's only right!"
Seriously, LOL! I'm in the same position, since both of our parents didn't have a whole lot to contribute to our wedding, we kept the ceremony moderately simple, put it on credit (ugh), and moved forward. It went better than expected, and we're chipping away at the cost. It was worth every penny. But yeah, she'd get a used TL with 130K miles, and a mound of debt. Now that's commitment to marry someone with some financial inequities and who travels 4 days a week. She's a real Saint. Enough about me -- Dax - no worries and have fun!

RH77