what are your 2006 fuel economy goals? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-28-2006, 02:48 AM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
tranny

The oil probably drains down from the torque converter letting it turn freely but seals may fail first, clutches may be working making the gears move needlessly, better to be in neutral. Steering may eventually wear without hydralic pressure moving the rack - maybe electric motor assist on the pump would be cool like in the minicooper.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #22
FE nut

Quote:DiamondLarry is

Quote:
DiamondLarry is working on some radical engine/car modifications to get his proposed MPG figures, much above an underbody addition or weight reduction.
From what I've heard about my proposed mods the other things would pale in comparison as far as mpg benefits go. I'm not going to rule out aerodynamics but I think they will wait until the engine mods are complete.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #23
Registered Member

scary mileage on my new xB

Hey guys I think this stuff is working - I go by how many miles to half a tank and the gas gauge seems pretty stable at the half mark. So far this very filled up tank has me at 235.2 miles and a hair above the half mark with 6 gallons being the amount needed to fill it at half a tank. It is a 11.9 gallon tank but the half mark took 6.001 gallons to fill before so going by that I am approaching the 40mpg mark really soon like 39.2mpg if I was at the half mark. Still a little concerned that the ScanGauge reads my mileage so much higher and yet the gas used and the miles traveled are pretty close. Actually the miles are little high ?? and the gas used seems pretty close or maybe lower that actual? Not sure until I fill it up again SOON!! By the way I find that a little reving seems to get the ScanGauge reading much higher MPG after when putting around town for a while.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #24
Registered Member

humm gas log

Well I just gassed up again cutting is closer to empty this time 10.810 gallons in a 11.9 gallon tank probably could have squeezed some more in also. The gas log is keeping the most recent entry as the one displayed . . . will have to reenter the most recent instead of the going backwards. Seems the Acetone and the Torco have been adding significantly to the mileage. And the fact that I have about a 10% low reading on my odometer means that I am getting even better than indicated.

The ScanGauge indicated 9.8 gallons used when it took 10.81 to fill so it was 9% low adding to that the speed being 3% off all added to the hugh error in the MPG being calculated which is now a bit more accurate although somewhat not as high as I would have liked it to actually be. Still not too bad for a minivan sized vehicle.

Will be running without adding the Acetone this time for a little while but the Torco was added at fillup. Will add the Acetone later in this tank to see how my MPG is affected without it first on the 12 mile test run and then add it and see what the difference is now that the ScanGauge is calibrated.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:24 AM   #25
Registered Member

loop run

Ok ran the 12.1 mile loop again last night got the green light both ways now with the calibrated ScanGauge I get 42.6mpg just with Torco and temp about 36 degrees F cold start.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #26
Registered Member

Well, folks...

It's the last month of the year. Maybe a bit early for retrospectives, but how did you do? Did you meet your goals?

If you didn't, you've still got 30 days
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #27
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
My goal is 50 miles per gallon highway. I know it's doable because I'm installing enough this year to easily beat that. I just want my goals to be obtainable.

Oh, I also want to finish my n600. and cruise around in it this summer :P
I cruised around in my n600...

but I never broke 50mpg. Life got in the way.

I am driving to California in December. Hopefully I'll be able to break 50mpg on that trip. I think it's definatley possible if I drive down going 65mph
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #28
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlarry
There are a few things in the works that, if they work as planned, I think my mileage could easily be in the 50's for combined city/highway and 60's or way above for straight highway. I wish I could share more details but I don't want to jeapordize my chances at this year's Tour de Sol.
I was not allowed to compete in this year's Tour de Sol. It seems that they "conveniently" eliminated the category for my car. I think it had a lot to do with Fran's results from last year's event. As for my mileage goals, I ended up very close. It took a different car to achieve these goals since my original car died a horrible death on the highway. I have been getting fairly consistent mid 50's. My last tank was hand-calculated at 54.85 mpg. My best tank so far was a trip to the far north side of Chicago and back when I got 55.4 mpg.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #29
*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
My 06 goals:
- combined to over 50 mpg also CHECK
- highway to over 60 also CHECK

I've got a ways to go so here we go on the mods:
- MPFI from DPFI CHECK
- OBD1 from OBD0 CHECK
- Tuned for MPG CHECK
- Manual from Auto CHECK
- VTEC-E from nothing Working on it...
- WAI [b]Meh[b]
- some sort of blended gas Meh
- drop 150 more pounds somehow (wheels and crap like that) Meh
- Full undertray. Working on it

Meh. Assorted small mods
Not fail my two finals tomorrow? We'll see about that though.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
mine is to get rid of this car. The more gas prices stay up there the more it costs to drive this car. I get paid good money at my job but it requires a lot of driving. If I'm paying $3+ for gas then my job isn't worth it.

Goal met.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote