What browser do you use? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #11
Registered Member

IE EIEIO. Also

IE EIEIO. Also

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #12
FE nut

I just started using Opera

I just started using Opera last weekend. Opera doesn't seem to work to well on this site though. The recent posts don't seem to update themselves until I hit refresh. I've even clicked on a topic that showed a new post and had to refresh inside the thread for the new post to show up. I use IE6 when I'm on this site. Opera seems to be faster everywhere else.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #13

Prodigy or Netscape. Haha,

Prodigy or Netscape. Haha, just kidding. Firefox to the c0re y0!
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #14
Driving on E

Re: Prodigy or Netscape. Haha,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Prodigy or Netscape. Haha, just kidding. Firefox to the c0re y0!
LOL... Talk about a flashback.

"Yeah... uhm, I use AOL's built in Browser... and I use webcrawler for my search engine too."
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #15
Registered Member

I hate AOL with passion.

I hate AOL with passion. When I used to have their internet they couldn't resolve problems right away. They had to have their super techs call us a month later. On my aunt's laptop she had AIM and her laptop barely went online. As soon as we removed it, it got fast right away.

The only thing I like about AOL is their AIM, otherwise I hate it.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:22 PM   #16
Registered Member

all three browsers

all three browsers (fire,opera,IE) variety is the spice of life.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #17
*shrug*

Firefox for no reason

Firefox for no reason really. Just joining the fad.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #18
Registered Member

Baud

I'm using Comp-U-Serve on my Commodore 64 at 2400 baud. It can get a a gassavers page downloaded in about 2-3 hours, or get into the bulletin boards pretty fast!

RH77
Old 03-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #19
Driving on E

Re: Baud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
I'm using Comp-U-Serve on my Commodore 64 at 2400 baud. It can get a a gassavers page downloaded in about 2-3 hours, or get into the bulletin boards pretty fast!

RH77
LOL... I used to run a BBS when I lived in Illinois. I believe it ran for about 2 years around 1992-1994. I remember upgrading to a 14.4k modem and being so excited about it. It set me back around $150 back then.

Of course that BBS ran on a 386 DX (no math co-processor!) 16mhz with a 20meg HDD. Of course compared to your Commodore 64 my machine was SCREAMING!
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:25 PM   #20
Registered Member

Re: Baud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
LOL... I used to run a BBS when I lived in Illinois. I believe it ran for about 2 years around 1992-1994. I remember upgrading to a 14.4k modem and being so excited about it. It set me back around $150 back then.

Of course that BBS ran on a 386 DX (no math co-processor!) 16mhz with a 20meg HDD. Of course compared to your Commodore 64 my machine was SCREAMING!
(Hell, might as well make it story hour...)

Tell me about it. I was struggling to print reports for high school on the Commodore "Windows" called "Geos" and saving them on 5.25" floppies and the dot-matrix printer. Then the folks got an IBM 486 SX with Windows 3.11 for Christmas after a few years. Holy crap, I could play graphic-intense games like Flight-Sim and Sim City, and blazing-fast Internet, MS Word (with spell check ?!?), better printing. I was finally in the 90's! My friend's Dad worked for Radio Shack, so they always had the latest computer, dammit (and the best games). But, for 2 months, we had the faster computer, Hahahaha! Of course, they wouldn't have that, so they bought a 486 with a huge 250 MB HDD. Then the Pentium era hit, and I started building my own during college (then started a computer repair and network install biz in '99 -- with my friend that always had the computers) Mistake #1: don't go into biz with friends; #2, if you have a full-time job, and the business is sucessful, something's gotta give or you hire employees -- basically gave up on it and went into medicine (and my friend dropped the ball on his share of working -- hence rule #1). Still friends though, the biz made some extra bux, and good lessons were learned.

My folks hung on to that 486 until 2001 ("but we paid a lot of money for that!") Well, it's a great doorstop now Pops, in response to, "why won't anything run on this???". Yeah, they still don't really get computers. Ugh, the viruses and spyware infestation was disgraceful this last visit. They burnt up an HDD because of a virus. Those kids just aren't careful...

RH77