What is it? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

What is it?

623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
jmf
Registered Member

chrysler K car
one of the best lines of car chrysler ever made.
i've had four of them(three station wagons, one sadan)
from 81 to 89 all the parts were the same for all models
the station wagon would seat six comfortably and get 30MPG

jmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:34 AM   #3
Site Team

I had one too. It was fairly unusual in that it kept trying to catch on fire. Kinda annoying sometimes, I think the fire department was getting sick of my calls.

A friend of mine had a wagon, it had a speech module to tell you stuff about the car "a door is a jar" etc. Ahead of its time for sure.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
Registered Member

I want the Mark Cross Edition LeBaron Wagon with turbo motor. Leather, space, 35mpg with some tweaks, and scoots damn good when you want it to.

Orrr the H-body derivative Lancer/LeBaron GTS...

Marvin is only close to the perfection that was the K-car, but such compromises give me seating for 7, near a ton of payload, 3500lb tow rating, or I whip the seats out and have the space in the back of a midsize, or short bed fullsize truck. (About 7 feet long at the floor, 4ft between the wheelarches) Bear in mind that the front suspension and steering etc is identical to K-cars, and you'll realise how durable they are if looked after.

Snow? If you have trouble in snow in a K based vehicle, your driving style or the weather severity was going to put you off the road or get you stuck in an AWD or 4x4 anyway.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:28 AM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

My family had several K cars, and my sister had an 89 Dodge Aries that same color! Great little cars, good mileage, rode nice, and they just "felt" better driving them. My dad used to choose K cars for his company vehicles. When given the choice of a K car, or a Cavalier he said the K car "Felt like a real car"

One of my aunts had one... A Dodge 600 I think that had the voice module. It would say "Your door is ajar", and she would yell back at it, "No! My door is a door!" And who can ever forget the low fuel warning. Her response: "I will buy you some gas, when I get some money..."

The nicest one we had was an 88 Lebaron that my mom had. Digital dash and everything. The only problem I ever had with that car was one of the freeze plugs had rusted out, and dad replaced it with one of those rubber compression type plugs (put it in, tighten the bolt, and the plug tightened in the hole.) I only drove that car once every few months, but it seemed that every time the freeze plug popped out, I was driving it, and it always seemed to happen late at night too so I'd have to put it back in the dark.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Registered Member

I always wanted to reprogram those voice modules on the "K" cars with things like:

"Your door is a portal to another dimension"

"Your door is a pizza"

"Your trunk is messy. Clean it up."

"Your door fell off two miles back"

and so on...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
Registered Member

"Your door is a lie"

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote