What kinda music do you listen to in and out of the car? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
*shrug*

Haha

I use dsl so I always get the same speed, which is 1.8 megs. In any case, check out www.bittorrent.com and www.bittornado.com (the client I use). You can use engines like www.isohunt.com to search for basically anything you want. I've put up a view torrents somewhere but no more yet because I haven't listened to anything else since those two albums, I love them. Good beat, catchy lyrics.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #12
Registered Member

Discovery Ch. Shows

I like most kinds of music except country. I often end up listening to the "trendy" or hip-hop songs because the bass is mixed well and comes out good on my system, and a good punch of bass makes me smile. I've got two 8" subs in a stealth box behind the seats. It really resonates the bass well without rattling the car. I'm a big fan of classic rock. I like some weird kinds of music, too. Classical is nice if I'm in the mood for it. Sometimes I just like to blast out the theme song to Morrowind while cruising down the road.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
Registered Member

GasSavers Podcast

I listen mostly to LED ZEPPELIN and have all of their CDs in my car, including live concerts and special events. However, lately I’ve been listening to ACDC over and over, thus I gave Black Sabbath a rest.

Jefferson Airplane
Styx
Neil Young
Bad Company

But, Led Zeppelin is by far my first choice – tried and proven, always good. Oh how those were the days!

Paul Osborne
Paul Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #14
Registered Member

Summer time slowness?

Ah yes, Styx. That's one of my all time favorite bands. I'm not really old enough to have been around when they were popular, but so many of their songs are classics. Even their new ones are pretty good. It's also nice that they put out a positive message in a lot of their songs. That's something you don't find often.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:43 PM   #15
Registered Member

I am old enough to have been

I am old enough to have been around when Styx was popular. Saw them play in Mobile AL. Must have been 82 or 83. Mr Roboto tour I beleave. Kansas is a group I found to be simular to Styx in its message. Saw them play in Okla City 79.

RUSH is my all time favorite. Saw them twice. Play at full volume kind of music. :-) 2112
chasgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:23 AM   #16
Driving on E

Funny you should mention

Funny you should mention styx. My mom was visiting a few weeks ago and we went to the Utah State Fair. The night before we were there Styx was playing with REO Speedwagon. My mom REALLY wanted to see REO Speedwagon. I guess her and my dad used to go see them a lot "back in the day."

I'd think that both Styx and REO Speedwagon are big enough bands to each have their own night... not share a night.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:51 PM   #17
Registered Member

music that I listen to

I listen to most music. I hate country music, and that is about 80% of the radio stations in VT. The other problem is hills & mountains. You are luck if you can listen to the same station for 10-15 miles in this state. Some go 30 miles, but they have high wattage & high hills that they sit their towers on.

SO I have an iPod. Here is some of what I have on there:
Type O Negative
Cradle of Filth
Tool
Metalica
Iron Butterfly
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osborne
Orphaned Land
Kamelot --- > March Of Mephisto kicks *** on "The Black Halo"
A Perfect CIrcle
Ram Jam --> Black Betty
Savatage ---> meh, 80's electric, no bass or heavy sounds, good lyrics
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Opeth ***** Similar to Type O Negative / Testament ***** wow these
guys are cool.
Asgaard
Leaves' Eyes ***
Theatre of Tragedy
Kings X ---> Stone Temple Pilots ... stoned mood music
Symphony X
Within Temptation
Night Wish *** Fast Classical w/ chorus
Therion
The Sins of Thy Beloved
Sirenia
Epica
Edenbridge
After Forever
Midnattsol
Lacuna Coil
Penumbra ... not too sure but maybe
Gathering
Tapping The Vein
Queensryche
Iron Maiden
Megadeath
Atheist
Agalloch ... meh, maybe if in an odd mood
As I Lay Dying
Avenged Sevenfold
Atreyu
Killswitch Engage
From Autumn to Ashes
Shadows Fall
My Chemical Romance

I love metal, but I hate the canibal corpse sounds & slayer, screaming and torture sounds and satanic lyrics just don't go well with me. Now Cradle of Filth does have some dumb lyrics, but the music itself is unreal.

BTW, I love sleeping to heavy metal, mostly the Netherlands & Norwegian bands. The classical instruments with the heave sounds of black sabbath and soft singing of a female voice. Great music to sleep to, or to mellow out too.

My daughter (2 years old) loves Type O Negative & Godsmack. Doesn't like POP like Britany or Christina or *NStink or the BackDoor Boyz.

~ryan
b1gmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #18
Registered Member

I listen to...

I like to listen to a lot of different types of music like rock, jazz, gyspy guitar, blues, classical, etc. I just don't do country. In the car I lean towards The Doors, Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett, ( anything from the Islands) 80's, Jethro Tull. I also like to listen to NPR. Despite what Matt said, I think NPR is entertaining, at least most of the time (that is when they aren't campaining for $.
GasSavers_Tasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #19
Driving on E

Re: I listen to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasia
Despite what Matt said, I think NPR is entertaining, at least most of the time (that is when they aren't campaining for $.
Holy crap. I've never listened to NPR when they were not campaigning for money.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #20
Registered Member

I know it's hard to believe

I know it's hard to believe sometimes that they actually have regular programming. By the way Matthew, in your opinion what constitutes as bad music? Don't tell me you listen to Yanni?

GasSavers_Tasia is offline   Reply With Quote