What's the point of living anymore??? (personal stuff- If you don't like reading personal stuff then don't open the thread) - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: what is your lifestyle and

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
what is your lifestyle and diet?

by lifestyle i mean do you procrastinate, prioritize, make lists of things to accomplish? how do you handle day to day tasks and assignments? and more importantly how do you feel about your lifestyle.

and diet has a lot to do with the rest of your health... forget soda, its over rated anyway.
I find it hard to be organized because my mind is all over the place. (ADD) I handle all tasks at my pace unless it's an assignment or required to be done fast. I don't like my lifestyle at all. I don't like my job, don't like my car, and want to be driving in a better car. Also want to meet new people.

I know diet has to do a lot with health but when you can't eat a lot of foods then of course health is going to be bad. I can't eat anything that has yeast, milk, olive oil, eggs, soda, onion, green onions, apples, juice, and other stuff. Which is basically a lot of foods.

I rarely eat at fast food places. Maybe twice per month, by I never get soda or any juice. I always drink water.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:23 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
I rarely eat at fast food places. Maybe twice per month, by I never get soda or any juice. I always drink water.
Ditto for me. I have acid reflux. Bread, eggs, mayo kill me. Soda and juice have lots of acid which I cant handle. I drink lots of water, but not the fancy schmancy water, just tap water is fine with me.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Ditto for me. I have acid reflux. Bread, eggs, mayo kill me. Soda and juice have lots of acid which I cant handle. I drink lots of water, but not the fancy schmancy water, just tap water is fine with me.
did you know that mayo is basically olive oil and eggs??? The companies that produce mayo also through in lots of crap in there. Mayo just rips me up inside.

Water is good. If you drink mostly water you got a smaller chance than everybody else of getting kidney stones.
Here is another tip. Ice most of the time has a lot more bacteria than water. So in the future when you get your drinks get them with no Ice.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #14
Registered Member

Early 20's = hardest for me

I'm 28, and I can say that my early 20's were some of the toughest times of my life. I didn't know what to do: allergies out of control, reflux, systemic yeast allergy (no sugar allowed for 6-months), lower back problems, dates weren't easy, etc. I was stuck in a dead-end job and needed out too. I myself had moved far away from home (parents were cool, it was the people where I came from that sucked, and the lack of jobs that did it).

I understand that you don't want answers, or suggestions for treatment, but I can say that it can only get better. Don't give up on medical treatment, or give up on a second opinion. I work in this field and can tell you that there are many treatment options and many more to be approved in the near future for each problem you mentioned. And just don't give up. This sounds like a multiple symptom event, and although I take the philosophy of treating the patient and not the disease, you have to break down each problem, and tackle it individually. If you look at the big picture, it's overwhelming.

Stick to your hobbies and what you feel is fun. You have to have fun, and sometimes a little work now and then can be satisfying. Get well and get out there.

RH77
Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
Registered Member

i can't believe im going to

i can't believe im going to say this... but you have to believe me when I tell you this...

Have you considered trying the "green herb" to ease your symptoms? Also it will help with your appitite as well, you can almost eat anything under the influence. Its the best medicine ever made and it can relax you in a way you never thought possible... too bad its the one that's considered a illict one but if you can get it...

... I "highly" recommend it. I've been a member for four years now and I truly believe its a cure for many problems. If people did actual reasearch about the topic itself you'd find a whole new story then what the goverment been telling you.

If you don't believe me then reasearch the topic yourself, the results speak for themselfs. I realize that your laws are much harsher than ours when it comes to illict substances. Also cost can be quite an issue but if you can get a doctor to legally subscribe it for you then wow I envy you to the bone.

Good luck, life is worth living you just need a new state of mind to get you back on your feet again. Move to Canada when you feel that your ready to move out

Seriously though, good luck your too young to give up.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #16
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
what about the caffeine

what about the caffeine though? that effects me hardcore.

i think its your lifestyle that the problem and it has little to do with the add. i have a few friends that have both add and adhd. the real key with them was to find employment that was fitting for the condition. not becoming a waitor or something high stress.

get a job you like, get a car you like, and go out and meet new people. i know for some people this is easier said than done. as a computer science major i meet people that are most definitely hermits and their bottom line is self esteem. i dont know what your case is though. nor do i know what your hobbies are in which you could meet new people. in any instance there is always a local whatever for something. with me: surfing, church, auto-x, drag strip, classes, etc. im not popular nor am i a socialite by any means, but there are always venues of meeting new people..... and if you dont count me as a person you just met then your a jerk :P

here's an idea though, write down a list of things you want to do and deadlines for each. specific goals with specific and realistic deadlines. like "i will drive a ***** ***** by February of 2007." "i will work as a ***** ***** at ********** by November of 2006."

heres one of mine: "i will have a 13sec, 40mpg street car by august of 2007." turbo d series baby

i dont know if this will help you, cus some people just cant accept it, but its all in your mind. im no buddist or anything....
Old 04-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #17
*shrug*

Re: i can't believe im going to

Haha, this is the most hilarious thing I've read in a while. Anyway, when looking at it from a medical standpoint it might as well be many other approved drugs, just phucks with your head.

I was watching pbs today and they had a thing on about pain being half physical and half mental, which part to you think getting blotto affects?

Personally, I avoid all medications at almost any cost because of this, but then again, I am also very good at putting pain out of sight and out mind so I don't need it.

In any case, it's all a very tough bunch of crap. When I am in a feeling of hating people I generally end up realizing it's much easy to be lazy and hate them less.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #18
Registered Member

Re: i can't believe im going to

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Haha, this is the most hilarious thing I've read in a while. Anyway, when looking at it from a medical standpoint it might as well be many other approved drugs, just phucks with your head.

I was watching pbs today and they had a thing on about pain being half physical and half mental, which part to you think getting blotto affects?

Personally, I avoid all medications at almost any cost because of this, but then again, I am also very good at putting pain out of sight and out mind so I don't need it.

In any case, it's all a very tough bunch of crap. When I am in a feeling of hating people I generally end up realizing it's much easy to be lazy and hate them less.
If you were to compare the overdose rate of approved drugs and the green herb you'll find its almost uncomparable because unlike approved drugs, the green has no overdose limit. Take too much and you just have the best sleep in the world of course if your not used to the feeling you might get dizzy and then pass out. But statistically shown greens has never ever caused a death.

I forgot to add as well you don't even have to smoke it! You can vaporize it, getting the herb hot enough to release the contents but not to the point of combustion since at that temperature you will get the nasty chemcials that go along with smoking.

Good for those who don't need anything but themselfs to pull through the tough times. But unfortnately not everyone has the mental ability to pull what your capable of SVOboy so this is a very good solution for those who are weak from the start.

Do your research, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #19
Driving on E

I can give you advice from

I can give you advice from my own life experiences.

First things first. Don't make excuses to stay in a bad situation. Get out. If that means you move now and you have to stay in school for an extra semester, big deal. Your mental well-being is mroe important than your time spent in school. Ignore jobs, costs, etc. Get out of a bad situation.

I spent a long time in a horrible situation, and the hardest part was just taking the plunge. Once I got out of the situation I was much happier and everything fell into place.

Secondly, your stomach is probably related to your anxiety, which you already know. You have enough stacked against you that isn't your fault. We start living self-fulfilling prophecies with our lives that just perpetuate themselves. As long as you believe the things people say, and as long as you let people assign blame to you you'll never get better. Quit viewing it as the world against you and start viewing it as you against the world. You're better than all of the people who treat you horribly.

If you want to continue this discussion I can probably give you some insight as to WHY you feel the way you do, as least from a behavioral psychological point of view. It's going to be difficult for you to change with all of the same people around and with all of the same stuff going on.

Move... get out of California. I know what it's like, as I was there for 10 years. IT's hectic, busy, and you can never catch up. I've been gone for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. Life has so much more meaning than the hussle and bussle of Southern California.

For your own sakes, don't make excuses to stay. Start making reasons to improve your situation.

It's my opinion that you don't have anything wrong with you that requires therapy. I think you're just unhappy and probably depressed. You need to remove the negative situations from your life that are causing the depression and start living the life you want.

Get the car you want, get the job you want. Go to school where you want, and live where you want. It's your life. DOn't let other people tell you want to do.

And if you're still in Socal this summer I'd like to meet up with you and DieMaster one night. At the very least you'll see that your car is better than mine
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #20
*shrug*

Phil - it is not mental

Phil - it is not mental ability, it is just something I have had since youth. I'm too lazy to worry about a headache, what's the point. Taking advil only makes it hurt worse cuz I spend my time waiting for the advil and just concentrating on how much my head hurts. People like me are much more volatile than others, when I get in a funk I am terribly abusive to my friends, but physically and psychologically, I would rather not be this way but it's tough **** to change when it's all you've known.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote