Yay college - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
*shrug*

Yay college

Fell like I might as well get around to doing my wrap up of first term at Dartmouth, even though my last final is tomorrow, but I'm neglecting studying, so yeah, whatevs.

DOC Trip: The Dartmouth Outing Club took small groups of us 10s out into the woods and various places before orientation even started. I was on strenuous hiking, which did two mountains and 25 miles over 3 days, packing all our stuff the whole way, arg, it was tough. Nevertheless, it was the best introduction I could have possibily had to the college, totally amazing in every way. Besides that, I'm still pretty close to two of my trippees, woo.

Pre-O: Sitting aroudn on campus alone with the internationals for a few days was fun, got to know things without looking like a fool.

Orientation: So fly. At first I didn't go to anything, because, yakno, I was being antisocial, but at some point my next door neighbor's (we both have singles that share a bathroom all behind a common door onto the hall) trippee visited him to no avail and I thought she was cute so somehow I ended up blitzing her and we hung out for the alumni dinner on the BEMA, fun times. The hypnotist was amazing, supposedly the NYT or times or somehow has called him the best college entertainer in the country, I saw him on the today show once in fact. Various other O stuff, watching lots of movies, blah blah.

Classes: I chose them during orientation. My classes are: Japanese 1, Math 11, and Philosophy 1. I don't really pay attention in philosophy and no matter how hard I try on an assignment I get a B, I hope this holds true for the final, . Math is okay, I think. I did well on the first exam, bombed the second, and feel like I did fairly well on the final, so we'll see. Japanese is amazing, beyond good. The class is lively and entertaining, I have more fun there than any other class. It's quite hard since we move so fast, but because I love to study it I'm doing very well, and that makes me happy. Next term I will be in writing 5: growing up asian american, math 17, and japanese 2. W00t.

General stuff: Everyone says hanover is small and boring and blah blah, but I think it creates an atmosphere where students learn more of how to create their own fun rather than just consuming constantly. Unless you like to drink, but I still haven't been into any of the houses yet, so I haven't done my fair share of drinking.

Veganism: It's okay, sometimes, other times it sucks. The dining services suck, but I've found Dartmouth Vegan Society and we're going to change things, mwahahaha.

Colleen: I don't want to talk about her too much, but she's the one I met during Orientation. We were best of friends up until thanksgiving break. When we got back we started going out, which is what I'd always wanted but she didn't know that she had wanted, . Anyway, I'm really happy with it, la la la.

The picture is of us wasting time months ago.

So yes, college is good. I encourage everyone to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	60  

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Registered Member

Looks like everything is working out well. I am happy to see that. I always like when good stuff happens to good people (and vice versa of course).

Enjoy the college days while they last. Good times just seem to pass by so fast.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
Registered Member

good to hear your doing well dooders! get that piece of paper!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Driving on E

Wait... you shaved your beard?

Glad you're enjoying it. Looks like I'm going back to school in the Fall.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Looks like I'm going back to school in the Fall.
Looks like I'm going back to school....NEVER! Ha, I'm so glad I don't have to stress over school any more.

Congrats on the (near) completion of semester 1. Don't be like me and take 15 more to graduate.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
Looks like I'm going back to school....NEVER! Ha, I'm so glad I don't have to stress over school any more.

Congrats on the (near) completion of semester 1. Don't be like me and take 15 more to graduate.
x2... except for the 15 part...
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #7
Registered Member

I'm very happy to hear your response to college!

It really makes me excited to get out of this town and go to college! Every college tour I go on, I find myself attracted to the huge libraries, I'm sure there is tons of excellent information in them. The college I'm going to has an excellent aviational program, so I'm sure there will be plenty of aerodynamic improvement information in there!
Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #8
*shrug*

Yay, first trimester done as of yesterday. My japanese final only took and hour and thirty cuz I beat it up, that's the only class I do really well in, it makes me happy.

Anyway, time to hang out on campus for a day before going home with the girlfriend.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote