You know when you got to quit your job when... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
Registered Member

You know when you got to quit your job when...

You accidently fall asleep in your car on a lunchbreak and the 20+ employees that are outside never wake you up. I dozed off in the car in cali heat. Woke up, nobody was around and my lunch ended 10 minutes ago. Was in sweat like crazy. Windows were closed.

Came back, worked 10 min and my superviser called me to sign out. Maybe they are firing me, good. I don't know how to break the ice in that situtation. Tired of this stupid job, getting harassed almost every day by my manager. He is either all cool or either PMSing.

The main manager was talking about firing people while I was signing out, I really don't care anymore. I'd rather be dirt poor than have extra money and blow it on crap.

At least if they fire me I can focus more on my education, some of them employees think I'm there to work for the rest of my life. I don't want to be like them, working 10 hour days and coming home in a rust bucket to a single apartment in the ghetto. That is no life. They basically work just to barely survive. I want to work so I can spend my weekends and my retirement in luxury.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the lame

Sorry to hear about the lame situation at work... btw... where do you work, if you don't mind me asking? I assume you're in the LA / SD area?

Old 03-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
Registered Member

I work all over the LA and

I work all over the LA and orange county area. It requires a lot of driving and a lot of gas. Sometimes I have to go through a tank in a week.

If you're looking for a job I can give you a number, they will hire anybody as long as they pass the drug test and background check.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:08 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for the offer, but

Thanks for the offer, but right now I'm up in california working as a DBA and Sr. PE for an oil company. I have been trying to move down to so-cal to start up work with a friend of mine out in the Inland Empire, but I keep getting stuck up here.

I miss the excitement of LA, but I don't miss not being able to see more than 1/4 mile on smoggy days... that sucked.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #5
Registered Member

I don't miss LA at all. I

I don't miss LA at all. I used to live in LA and it is dirty and people don't know how to drive there. I live about 25min from LA.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
Registered Member

Friendliest Drivers

I've driven in 45 states, and for some reason, I've found that the drivers in LA were the most courteous -- with the congestion, everyone feels like there's nothing they can do about it, so people let you in and cut-offs are minimal. The absolute worst is St. Louis. I can't drive through there without repeated increases in my blood pressure. Drivers there are just flat out mean, rude, and dominant. The worst road design (until the big dig is complete) -- Boston. Places I'll only use public transit: Manhattan, Chicago, Washington, D.C, and Atlanta.

RH77
Old 03-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Registered Member

Road COnditions

For the city with roads in the worst condition, the award goes to Detroit!

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #8
*shrug*

Quote:The absolute worst is

Quote:
The absolute worst is St. Louis.
My friend and I were talking about him going to Wash U if he didn't get into Harvard, Brown, or whatev was his third choice, and I was trying to describe this feature of St. Louis to him and I just couldn't manage. The drivers are just soooooooooooo bad. My cousin was out there a while cheerleading and my aunt would call my mom and complain about having to visit her because she was so scared to drive in St. Louis.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
Registered Member

Re: Friendliest Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77
I've driven in 45 states, and for some reason, I've found that the drivers in LA were the most courteous -- with the congestion, everyone feels like there's nothing they can do about it, so people let you in and cut-offs are minimal. The absolute worst is St. Louis. I can't drive through there without repeated increases in my blood pressure. Drivers there are just flat out mean, rude, and dominant. The worst road design (until the big dig is complete) -- Boston. Places I'll only use public transit: Manhattan, Chicago, Washington, D.C, and Atlanta.

RH77
AHAHAHAHAHA. I have been to St.Louis like 4 times in the past 5 years. The people there drive all slow like me. Maybe you got into the wrong part of St. Louis where there are cars blown up in the middle of the street and drug dealers on every corner. Last time I was there I got to drive a lot I didn't see anything you are describing. In the LA people suck, they cut you off and most of them talk on the phone. Not to mention traffic lasts till 11pm on the 101 freeway that goes through LA.