you've got to be kidding me - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
Driving on E

s in town today. For those of you who don't know, I work at home, so this is the first time my boss has been in my neck of the woods since I've lived here. The only working car we have is a 2 seater, and since all three of us are going to dinner

So my boss is in town today. For those of you who don't know, I work at home, so this is the first time my boss has been in my neck of the woods since I've lived here.

The only working car we have is a 2 seater, and since all three of us are going to dinner tonight, I went online and reserved an "economy" car. it was a Hyundai. I was excited to try this car and report on how different it felt than a civic.

So I get to the rental car place and they don't have any economy cars. Instead they give me a giant Jeep Liberty for the same price. (3.7 Liters, 6 cylinders).

I decline the outrageous $20 coverage for the vehicle. I mean, i'm only keeping this thing for 10 hours, and I will NOT pay $20 for coverage when other places charge $8. It's just a matter of principle.

So I drive home and I get out of the giant red gas eater. What's that hissing noise?

Somewhere between the rental place and home (about 4 blocks) I ran over a 10mm bolt and it stuck into the tire.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I start to drive to Big-O to get it fixed (after all, I declined coverage on the car...) and then I decided that it probably isn't wise to drive on a tire that is losing air. I drive back home and get the jack out from under the seat, get the spare tire off, etc. etc.

now the tire is changed. I must now go to Big-O and spend probably around $20 to get a flat fixed.

The moral of this story? Spend the $20 on the coverage of the car and NOT on the tire. Oh yeah, and don't rent at Advanced Rent-a-car, no matter how close they are to your house, because they only have big 4x4s.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #2
Registered Member

Awwww I'm sorry....

Awwww I'm sorry....
GasSavers_jenny is offline   Reply With Quote