1990 Honda CRX HF - 78,000 Miles - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #21
Registered Member

Re: 1990 Honda CRX HF - 78,000 Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebass View Post
Nice car bro. Did u have a/c? Was it ice cold? Nice clean cur and good price. How much did u sell it for ?

Thanks man, no it did not come with A/C. I sold it for my full asking price of $3900 (fair price back then) within hours of posting it up for sale to a really nice 88 year old man. He didn't have internet access but it was a friend of his that was doing the searching for it so he passed along my info to him. I made a friend out of the sale and I was glad it went to someone that was going to get good use of it as he commuted quite the distance to see his girlfriend, yes this older guy was quite the character.

He called me awhile after the sale and I helped him find a passenger side mirror since HF's didn't come with one, so I found one and he came back and I installed it for him...he asked me how much he owed me and I said nothing..it was on me. He was very grateful but it was my pleasure to help him out. He was/is very nice.

He then wanted to get A/C installed so he asked for my help in finding a complete setup which took me a while but eventually I found everything, I went to buy it, pick it up, and he paid me for that and took it to his mechanic friend who installed it and charged it up for him...I don't know how much it cost to get it installed though.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #22
Registered Member

Wheel bearing is being replaced this week. A/C is next on the list, probably next week.

I may not want to sell it after that!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post
Wheel bearing is being replaced this week. A/C is next on the list, probably next week.

I may not want to sell it after that!
Cobalt u still wanna sell it? Is A/C and wheel bearing working now great?
BTW i just missed this by half a day

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2348454200.html

1989 HONDA CRX CLEAN TITLE REG/UP TO DATE RUNS GREAT - $3200 (san jose north)
Date: 2011-04-26, 8:44PM PDT
Reply to: sale-3fzgz-2348454200@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I am selling my honda crx two door a/c works cold hearter works the crx is five speed it's stick shift the honda has been well maintaned reg/until next year feb/2012 I am asking $3.200 best offer call if intersted xxxx

It's been sold today !!!

interests

Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
I agree, this isn't the place to debate prices. If you wish to purchase the car, send a PM and make an offer. If the price is too high, then the OP will either have to continue paying taxes, registration, and insurance on the vehicle, or lower the price.
Wait? what taxes will he have to pay. If I park a car I only have to pay $2.56 a month for storage insurance if I opt to do so
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #25
Site Team / Moderator

Huh? I have no idea what taxes there are. Depends on the locality where the vehicle is registered. I suggest you contact your local DMV or county treasurer's office for those costs.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #26
Registered Member

Is this car still for sale? Email me if it is. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #27
Registered Member

Is the car still for sale?

-Mike
Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #28
Registered Member

This guy aint selling. I tried him eight months ago. He would write me back about once a month after I emailed him 6 or 7 times. He always said there were things he still needed to fix on the car and yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't think I'd get my hopes up for this one. I live six hours from his doorstep and he never couldn't find a time for me to come down and look at the car or test drive it. I finally gave up and went a different direction. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 AM   #29
Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up from a member on this site that there is still activity on this thread.

Actually, it's still parked and hasn't been driven since my last post. Being in the Military with a new baby in the family, priorities have been a bit different. I have cleared 3 vehicles out of my stable since I last posted here and this is the last extra one. It's time for it to go.

As to Arky, I was more than willing to show the car but he wanted it for a steal without ever looking at it.

My father (a mechanic for a living) is visiting to see his new grandaughter next month. The car will be fixed then. It has been started regularly and will have a full checkup before I relist it officially. If you want it quicker and cheaper, I'm open. It would have to be towed to your location.

I am transferring soon and the wife has been bugging me to free up garage space. If you are local and want to come see it feel free. PM me and I will setup a time for you to come by.

I would like to preserve some harmony in my household so a quick cash deal is far more likely than it used to be. I just don't have the time to wheel and deal any longer.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #30
Registered Member

Given the car has been for sale since August of last year doesn't give one a lot of optimism.

Closed Thread