1991 CRX HF Carfax/50MPG/Totally Stock/154K/40+ Pics - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

1991 CRX HF Carfax/50MPG/Totally Stock/154K/40+ Pics

Sold for asking price, thanks for the interest!

Year: 1991
Make: Honda
Model: CRX HF
Engine: D15B6 (original engine with original transmission)
Miles: 154,XXX miles
Title: Clear (not salvaged)
VIN: JHMED8360MS006396
Carfax Report: Report available to those serious
Price: $3900 (no trades)

If you're searching for a completely stock, never molested with CRX HF then here is the car for you.
-Recently driven 355 and 361 miles on the last two tanks fulls and each time it takes approx. 7 gallons to fill up the tank...50MPG right there.
- A commuter to save you hundreds or thousands in gas savings this is the car for you, after all we all know gas prices will be going up sooner or later.<br><br>

If you are looking for a CRX HF then I don't need to go into the benefits of this wonderful example of Honda engineering and relability. Many CRX's out in craigslist-land are being sold with too many teenager inspired aftermarket kits and add ons. What I have to offer you is just the opposite. It has been adult owned and cared for all of its existence. You just will not find one anywhere that has EVERY single piece of maintance history to back it up like this one.

MECHANICAL:
Let me first off say that it doesn't have A/C. Other than that it's in perfect mechanical order, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. Only thing from me saying a perfect 10 is that the front rotors are in need of replacing but I've checked and they cost approx. $12/ea at Kragens Auto Supply. There's no serious problem just that it tends to shimmy when you step on the brakes when driving fast and coming to a hard stop. Besides that there are NO PROBLEMS at all with this car. This car IS READY to go on any road trip at any given moment. The engine and transmission (everything to be exact) is completely Honda OEM parts. Even has the original air intake snorkel over the radiator that many CRX's seem to be missing because they are almost always broken by carelessness. Recently the brake master cylinder was replaced to give you added years of trouble/worry free braking. There are no leaks, drips of any kind.

COSMETICALLY-INTERIOR:
Cosmetically the car's interior is a perfect 10 out of 10 since for it's age it is almost mint. The seats are in excellent condition for being stock. They're not ripped or worn out unlike the majority of what is being sold out there. It's completely stock not messed around like most CRX's you see since it has been adult owned and driven its entire duration. The only modification is a tasteful JVC CD player with detachable face plate which was professionally installed at a cost of $416. The center console is mint and the climate control panel is perfectly intact, which is rare for a CRX (if you know CRXs you'll know that this is commonly broken and people are looking to pay upwards of $100-$150 just for the part, let alone the pain of installation). The dash is mint and all vents function perfectly. The heater is perfect as well as the blower mechanism (fan). The windows work perfectly.

COSMETICALLY-EXTERIOR:
The exterior I would say is a 8 out of 10 (see pictures). The paint is original and still shines great. It was well taken care of by being garaged by the last two owners. There are a few nicks/dings/dents here and there but nothing major that's for sure, especially for a car being 17 years old. The only thing that would make this perfect is that it suffered from a parking lot incident where a truck backed up onto the hood and put a small dent on it. I've gotten a $180 quote to fix this from one of those paintless dent repair guys. The dent affects absolutely NOTHING with the car's functionality so I haven't looked into it any further. All the side trim is intact and not missing or mismatched like some others out there in the market.

SUSPENSION/BRAKES/TIRES:
The suspension is stock (not lowered) and offers a great smooth ride over any bumps along the way.
The brakes are in good shape and do not need replacing (only the rotors do).
It has very good tires with lots of tread/miles left on them.

MAINTENANCE:
This CRX HF has been fully maintained and I have every single maintenance record for it dating back to the original window sticker and sales contract. Every single oil change receipt is included. This car was only serviced by trained professionals and never by any amateurs or backyard mechanics.

ENGINE CYLINDER COMPRESSION TEST RESULTS (Performed at shop):
1-200 psi
2-205 psi
3-195 psi
4-200 psi

PICTURES:

Old 11-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Registered Member

Sold! Thanks!
Closed Thread