1991 Honda Beat on eBay - Page 10 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #91
Registered Member
 
kickflipjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 933
Country: United States
I am glad to hear you made it home alive
Now, I am eagerly waiting for some mpg figures.
How big is the gas tank on that thing?
__________________

__________________
2008 EPA adjusted:


Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 07:41 AM   #92
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 43
Country: United States
Great to hear you made it back OK. Can't wait to see the pics.
__________________

smithenhiven is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #93
Supporting Member
 
cfg83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,779
Country: United States
DaX -

Really scary story. What an initiation. I can't stand terror-driving like that, it wears me out.

After that, everything else should be downhill coasting for you .

CarloSW2
__________________
Old School SW2 EPA ... New School Civic EPA :

What's your EPA MPG? http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline  
Old 02-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #94
Registered Member
 
zpiloto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,225
Country: United States
DaX
Is the Beat SG or MID compatible? If you already covered that in this thread sorry for the repeat.
zpiloto is offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 04:22 AM   #95
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
DaX
Is the Beat SG or MID compatible? If you already covered that in this thread sorry for the repeat.
Haven't covered it yet. I'm pretty sure the Beat is OBD-1, meaning it isn't SG compatible. I can more than likely hook up an MID though. Most Honda vehicles made before 1992 were OBD-0, but I believe that in Japan they were always one year model ahead - ie, you can find 1991 JDM EG Civics. Either way, the MID is compatible with OBD-0 and OBD-1 vehicles. My car has an electronic speedometer, not cable driven.
GasSavers_DaX is offline  
Old 02-17-2007, 06:41 AM   #96
Registered Member
 
skewbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 771
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
Haven't covered it yet. I'm pretty sure the Beat is OBD-1, meaning it isn't SG compatible. I can more than likely hook up an MID though. Most Honda vehicles made before 1992 were OBD-0, but I believe that in Japan they were always one year model ahead - ie, you can find 1991 JDM EG Civics. Either way, the MID is compatible with OBD-0 and OBD-1 vehicles. My car has an electronic speedometer, not cable driven.
Aww man, you don't have to wory about FE too much in that tiny thing do you? At least not till you've had a chance to enjoy it as designed. I've seen single occupant SUV's burn more gas trying to park straight than you could burn in an hour if you TRIED.
__________________
Standard Disclaimer
skewbe is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 05:06 AM   #97
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbe View Post
Aww man, you don't have to wory about FE too much in that tiny thing do you? At least not till you've had a chance to enjoy it as designed. I've seen single occupant SUV's burn more gas trying to park straight than you could burn in an hour if you TRIED.
I haven't posted a gaslog yet BECAUSE I have been driving it as intended for the past few days. I'm going to try to drive FE conscious on this tank I'm on now and we'll see how it does.

This last tank consisted of mostly highway driving (read, 5K - 6K RPM's) and some spirited driving. I got 37 MPG and change.
GasSavers_DaX is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #98
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_Ryland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,325
Country: United States
Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I would like to see numbers posted on what a Beat gets with agressive driving, otherwise it's going to feel like you are cencering your gaslog, and it's not like it's really any work to figure out your mileage, you just take the numbers that you wrote down, convert Km to miles, and you are done.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #99
Supporting Member
 
lovemysan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 595
Country: United States
I would like to see more pics of the car. A video with spirited driving. And a review in the car review section.
__________________
02 Saturn SL
5 speed
for pics click the link below

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
lovemysan is offline  
Old 02-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #100
Moderator
 
GasSavers_DaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,209
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
I would like to see more pics of the car. A video with spirited driving. And a review in the car review section.
All things I can work on. I downloaded more pictures today on my home computer...I'll upload them tonight.

Fair enough Ryland, I'll put it in the gaslog.
__________________

GasSavers_DaX is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MPG dropping - hot weather? Keen4Green General Fuel Topics 13 08-17-2010 08:57 AM
Support for motorbikes wrighth1 Fuelly Web Support and Community News 9 08-18-2008 07:11 AM
More flexibility in Fueling up Dustin Fuelly Web Support and Community News 0 08-13-2008 02:53 AM
Converting motorcycle engine to "Steam Engine" Capcom General Fuel Topics 4 06-25-2008 07:17 PM
Spark plug 2.7% increase in FE zpiloto General Fuel Topics 5 07-05-2006 03:05 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.