1991 Honda Beat on eBay - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #61
Supporting Member

the ebay seller even lists these as 1980 cars, so yeah maybe that's what you should do too. the title may even say that.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #62
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
So apparently Beat owners aren't reporting THAT great of gas mileage...

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=1636

Most are saying mid to high 30's. I'm hoping for WAY more than that...

Can you say "hf tranny swap"?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #63
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by budomove View Post
Can you say "hf tranny swap"?

Hmmm... I don't know the specifics on the Honda Beat engine, but I somehow doubt it's compatible with d-series transmissions.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
Hmmm... I don't know the specifics on the Honda Beat engine, but I somehow doubt it's compatible with d-series transmissions.
It is not.

I got the contact info just now, I'm going to call the guy after I get off work (45 min) and see what's up. I'll report back.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #65

FINALLY got a company to insure me, whew! There are so many stipulations from so many companies. Here are a few reasons some of the companies wouldn't insure me:

1)I'm 25, not 26. Some companies require that you have a minimum of 10 years driving experience.

2)My daily driver is not 10 years old or newer. Lots of companies require that every licensed driver in the house has to have a registered, insured, daily driver that is 10 years old or less. Hagerty's required 5 years or less.

3)The car is not 25 years old or more.

4)The vehicle was determined to not be appreciating (wtf?).

5)Regular insurance companies freak out when you try to insure grey market vehicles. Liberty Mutual wanted TONS of paperwork to even consider insuring the car.

I ended up going with a company called Safeco. They didn't ask about my daily driver, they didn't care that I'm only 25, etc. The bad thing is they do NOT allow pleasure driving, and I have a 5,000 mile/year cap on the car. I'm just happy I'm insured. Maybe I'll switch companies in a year once I'm 26 and get on with one that allows pleasure driving.

Oh, my premium is under $300 / yr.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #66
Registered Member

Good news (I'm going to have to jump through similar hoops to get the ForkenSwift insured - as an oddball vehicle - that's what prompted me to ask.)

Weird about the pleasure driving stipulation. Don't most claims happen while commuting to work?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #67
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
The bad thing is they do NOT allow pleasure driving, and I have a 5,000 mile/year cap on the car.
I am not recommending or condoning anything, but I know several people with mileage restrictions on their car. One option is to get a spare gauge cluster to swap in for daily driving.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
I am not recommending or condoning anything, but I know several people with mileage restrictions on their car. One option is to get a spare gauge cluster to swap in for daily driving.
Shhh, I might have already thought of that, but would NEVER do it because it's not right.

Metro - it is registered as a show only vehicle, and "can not be driven as a daily driver." Do you catch my drift?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #69
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
Cars like that are only to be test-driven and driven to shows. They may need a lot of test-driving but that's why they cap it at 5k mi.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings View Post
Cars like that are only to be test-driven and driven to shows. They may need a lot of test-driving but that's why they cap it at 5k mi.
JW - will you be using classic car insurance on the Austin?

Closed Thread