1992 Protege DX for free in Central VA...on one condition - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

1992 Protege DX (gas mileage sleeper) for free in Central VA...on one condition

This may seem weird for most, but I will give my stripped down 92 Protege DX beater away to anyone if they meet the following criteria:

The person must be a non-custodial parent, and pay "child" support.

If you cannot meet this condition, then please do not bother asking me for the car. (I will require proof of your non-custodial status).

I will not part the car out either, so don't ask.

You must come pick this car up. I am not going to bring it to you. Heck I paid someone for this car at one time. I had to take the bus to go get it.

I am entitled to my opinion about having to pay someone for their willful disservice of not engaging in TRUE joint custody.

This situation almost killed me both emotionally, physically, and financially.

The protege had gotten me through all of these hard times and I would like to give something back to those who are unfairly violated by this system and have been unfairly deprived of the right to parent their children.

This vehicle is just not worth the write-off for me.

Much as I am entitled to have my opinion about this system and be vocal about it, I am entitled to give my car away to whoever I want to.

About the car:

1992 Protege DX....

1) Interior stripped down to get the most possible gas mileage. Vehicle has just the drivers seat. No radio. Rear aftermarket cheapo speakers. No front speakers.

2) AC is broken, compressor is shot.

3) Burns oil and visual blue smoke at times. Fresh Castrol GTX 5w 30 High Mileage oil which stopped the visual smoke.

4) Clearcoat is peeling. Color is aqua.

5) Mileage is somewhere around 130k, but I purchased it with a broken speedo and I believe it has alot more mileage.

6) Car has a relatively new thermostat, gas tank, tires, and battery.

7) This car is a true beater. Have no illusions it is in pretty bad shape. It has proven very reliable though and probably gets 50 mpg in this trim if babied.

Please let me know if you know someone who can use this car.

Please refer to the below thread of what the car looked like/was like when I wanted to sell it.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22848

**Signature no longer valid with respect to what you may actually receive the car with**

**I will not be taking new pictures of the car for you since it is free, so don't ask.**

**FIRST COME FIRST SERVE** **NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED** **FREEDOM OF SPEECH**

Thicker 2 row radiator, walmart hubcaps, Pepboys tires, 10w 30 Castrol HM, Jensen CD player, Roadmaster speakers, ebay hi-flow air filter, autolite 3924 plugs, stant superstat, NGK blue 8mm wires, LeBra car bra, no Exhaust Manifold heat shield, MX-3 Seats, bad A/C compressor
Old 12-01-2008, 05:09 AM   #2
Registered Member

Gone!

Thicker 2 row radiator, walmart hubcaps, Pepboys tires, 10w 30 Castrol HM, Jensen CD player, Roadmaster speakers, ebay hi-flow air filter, autolite 3924 plugs, stant superstat, NGK blue 8mm wires, LeBra car bra, no Exhaust Manifold heat shield, MX-3 Seats, bad A/C compressor
Closed Thread