1992 White Civic VX, 115k miles, black interior w/ integra leather seats, A/C $4,500 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

1992 White Civic VX, 115k miles, black interior w/ integra leather seats, A/C $4,500

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2000 Honda Insight, so the old VX must go. Its in pretty decent shape and has some tasteful upgrades. Here it goes:

Interior: Black SI interior, with black leather integra seats (not perfect, but pretty darn good). Has OEM armrest, floor mats, and hatch cover (hard to find and pricey), Dual HD cd player, all new speakers (front and back), dyna mat and sound deadening foam...adds maybe a few pounds, but much more quiet ride.

Exterior: Two year old paint job...again, not perfect, but pretty good. SI tails, black housing Denji projector head lights, amber corners, JDM tag, factory look fogs (working), gunmetal colored VX rims (factory paint was chipping). Fairly new tires.

Brakes: goodridge stainless lines, Hawk pads, and cross drilled rotors...drums done last year.

Suspension: suspension techniques bushings redone all the way around (old ones almost completely dry rotted out...lots of time on this one), tokico blue struts and Eibach sportlines for the springs (nice look, a little low, but with stock springs, the ride will be almost factory like, but nice and firm b/c of the bushings).

Maint: New A/C compressor, timing belt, water pump, radiator, cam seals, all new belts, spark plug wires, dist. cap and rotor, all done within the past two years. Replaced rusted out exhaust with a new Greddy SP2 (the quietest one they make...it was about $500.00).

Problems: A/C can be finicky at idle (always works fine while driving, but idle can be 50/50).

Runs a little rich...only getting about 40mpg, vs. my original 45mpg. Not a big enough deal for me to go to the mechanic, but just want to point it out.

Some oil collects around tranny...never had to add oil to tranny and never had to add oil between oil changes, so I never really worried about it (no spots on driveway either).

Couple typical age dings around body, hardly noticible.

Final thoughts: Not perfect, but really good condition for the year and beter than a lot of them out there. Very little rust...tiny bit hidden by rear hatch and some typical superfial stuff on some the bolts on the under carriage. All major and minor maintence update and lots of OEM upgrades. Nice JDM look without being too ricey. Also, can very easily be put back to stock, and your cost could be greatly lowered by selling of the nice aftermarket stuff. Taken this car on several 100+ mile road trips and never once had a problem. Would not hestitate to drive it anywhere.

My name is Chris and my number is 727-768-5309 and my e-mail is chrisorozco13@hotmail.com Price is Obo. E-mail for pics.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: 1992 White Civic VX, 115k miles, black interior w/ integra leather seats, A/C $4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0L4REAL View Post
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2000 Honda Insight, so the old VX must go. Its in pretty decent shape and has some tasteful upgrades. Here it goes:

Interior: Black SI interior, with black leather integra seats (not perfect, but pretty darn good). Has OEM armrest, floor mats, and hatch cover (hard to find and pricey), Dual HD cd player, all new speakers (front and back), dyna mat and sound deadening foam...adds maybe a few pounds, but much more quiet ride.

Exterior: Two year old paint job...again, not perfect, but pretty good. SI tails, black housing Denji projector head lights, amber corners, JDM tag, factory look fogs (working), gunmetal colored VX rims (factory paint was chipping). Fairly new tires.

Brakes: goodridge stainless lines, Hawk pads, and cross drilled rotors...drums done last year.

Suspension: suspension techniques bushings redone all the way around (old ones almost completely dry rotted out...lots of time on this one), tokico blue struts and Eibach sportlines for the springs (nice look, a little low, but with stock springs, the ride will be almost factory like, but nice and firm b/c of the bushings).

Maint: New A/C compressor, timing belt, water pump, radiator, cam seals, all new belts, spark plug wires, dist. cap and rotor, all done within the past two years. Replaced rusted out exhaust with a new Greddy SP2 (the quietest one they make...it was about $500.00).

Problems: A/C can be finicky at idle (always works fine while driving, but idle can be 50/50).

Runs a little rich...only getting about 40mpg, vs. my original 45mpg. Not a big enough deal for me to go to the mechanic, but just want to point it out.

Some oil collects around tranny...never had to add oil to tranny and never had to add oil between oil changes, so I never really worried about it (no spots on driveway either).

Couple typical age dings around body, hardly noticible.

Final thoughts: Not perfect, but really good condition for the year and beter than a lot of them out there. Very little rust...tiny bit hidden by rear hatch and some typical superfial stuff on some the bolts on the under carriage. All major and minor maintence update and lots of OEM upgrades. Nice JDM look without being too ricey. Also, can very easily be put back to stock, and your cost could be greatly lowered by selling of the nice aftermarket stuff. Taken this car on several 100+ mile road trips and never once had a problem. Would not hestitate to drive it anywhere.

My name is Chris and my number is 727-768-5309 and my e-mail is chrisorozco13@hotmail.com Price is Obo. E-mail for pics.
St. Pete, FL.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Re: 1992 White Civic VX, 115k miles, black interior w/ integra leather seats, A/C $4,

Price drop $4,200.00 obo. Much better condition that most of what you see. Also, passenger side mirror and suspension techniques sway bars. Probably more items I am forgeting...again, going tototally stock could easily knock $1,000 or more off for whoever buys this.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Registered Member

can you send me some pics (nighttrain9669@embarqmail.com)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Registered Member

I bought a 2000 Mazda Protege for $2300 that can get 38mpg. I think you will need to wait for gas prices to get higher before getting close to $4000.00 for a 20 yr old car.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Registered Member

Enjoy the Mazda, Civic is sold.

Closed Thread