1993 Civic CX w/ full VX conversion in Sacramento - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to woohoo!
1993 Civic CX w/ full VX conversion in Sacramento

Hi all, I thought I'd post on here before I release it onto craigslist to people who just want to swap out the engine and stuff. I don't drive the car much anymore since I moved within biking distance from work. I'd like to pass it on to someone who could use the savings in fuel.

1993 civic CX CA edition
VX engine from my old wrecked CA edition 95 from a few years back (which had a d15 Vtec-E japanese replacement) currently running at 70k miles
Full VX wiring including engine bay and under dash wiring, as well as all proper VX emissions equipment for it to pass CA smog (which it did easily earlier this year)
260k on the chasis, car was purchased from an older lady with a bad head (the engine had a bad head, not the lady).
currently using the stock CX transmission, the VX transmission had a crack in one of the mounts from the accident

car will be coming with (if you want):
VX gauge cluster with RPM
5 (yes 5) VX wheels. 3 are currently on the car with good tires (i had a nail in one of them, it deflated and my dad drove it around for a bit, killing the tire, but the wheel is ok). another wheel with a different tire in good condition will be put on the car.
spare VX transmission (you just need to replace the shell) with about 150k
spare CX engine and wiring harness with a bad head

known issue:
minor oil leak from the oil pan gasket. I have a replacement ready to be put on, but have no time.

minor issues:
no passenger mirror (stock 93 cx doesn't have them)
driver side mirror needs to be replaced (i use tape to hold it in place)
driver inside door lock is broken
audio sucks. it works, but its definitely not the jam
missing cargo cover
minor bumps and paint chips but frame is straight, never been in an accident

asking 3000obo. no rush to sell, just want to see it go to a good home. trade? sure, let me know what you have. something more sporty I can drive on the weekends, or an automatic for my little sister. we can discuss cash on top or what not through a PM

pictures:

car is located in sacramento
let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for looking!

Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Registered Member

Re: 1993 Civic CX w/ full VX conversion in Sacramento

OR BEST OFFER! don't be afraid to give me a reasonable offer. 3000 was just to chase away low ballers, will definitely go lower.
all 5 VX wheels are tires in great condition (the bad tire is now replaced).
if its not raining this saturday, i will replace the oil pan gasket.

OR TRADE ME for something reliable and automatic, preferably an accord or CRV! can put cash on top!

thanks gassavers!

I LIKE EXCLAMATIONPOINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

Smile Re: 1993 Civic CX w/ full VX conversion in Sacramento

Hello lean burn; you really have a D15z1 in that CX. Awesome swap! I'm definitely interested. How many mpg's were you averaging during your commuting time?
I'll check with wife when she gets back from vacation, and I'll hit you up with a pm
Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 AM   #4
jmf
Registered Member

I wish you were closer to vermont I've got a nice Accord I would like to trade for a vx.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

@Lucias_D i did not keep much of a gas log for this car but it has the same engine as the "car" in my gassavers garage right now. i'm guessing it gets a bit less than 40mpg average but i have the original old O2 sensor on there, who knows what it can get if a new one gets put in.

i recently did a day trip from downtown sacto to SFO airport (80 mph @~2800rpm with slight traffic there, full on bay area stop and go traffic on the way back) and averaged 37.6 mpg at fill-up

@jmf i wish you lived closer too! my little sister really needs a car, which is why i'm letting go of this one
Old 12-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

sold! thanks everyone for your interests