1994 Honda Civic VX in South Carolina Price Reduced $$3800 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

1994 Honda Civic VX in South Carolina Price Reduced $$3800

FOR SALE 1994 HONDA CIVIC VX D15Z1 COMPLETELY STOCK, WHITE W BLUE INTERIOR. FRONT SEATS ARE OUT OF A 97 CIVIC ( I HAVE THE FACTORY FRONT SEATS DRIVERS SEAT HAS A SMALL RIP IN THE SEAT) 159,XXX MILES ON IT. GREAT GAS MILAGE. HAS NEW UNIROYAL TIRES ABOUT 5,000 MILES ON THEM, 13" SI WHEELS. HAS NEW SPARK PLUGS, WIRES, FUEL FILTER, DISTIBUTOR CAP, AC AND HEAT WORKS. HAS THE REAR COMPARTMENT COVER. THE ROOF HAS A DENT AND THE FRONT BUMPER HAS A SCUFF ON IT AND THE GLOVE BOX DOES NOT CLOSE AND LOCK. THE CAR HAS A SALVAGE TITLE I bought it out of FL from Copart a insurance auction. Their report from USAA ( the Insurance Company) was it was stolen and recovered. The ignition was broken which i replaced. I also wanted to add that shortly after i bought the car the OD stopped working I about one out of a junk yard it had 152,000 miles on. The car had a little over 162,000 miles on it when I bought it in March. IT RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT. I DRIVE IT DAILY. HAVE MY 3RD CHILD ON THE WAY SO I NEED SOMETHING BIGGER.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Re: 1994 Honda Civic VX in South Carolina Price Reduced $$3800

Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

I would hold on to it until gas gets back up to $4.00 / gallon.

I paid $2.99 / gallon a week ago and it is still dropping.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

I thought about doing that but I sure it will go back up soon. News was already saying the price per barrel is going back up.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

Due to some guy out of FL who did not pay for the car on ebay I will be posting it again. I did hunt down vx wheels for it, I am going to clean them up and put the org front seats back in ( per the request of ppl sending me msg wanting the car completely stock) will post new pics soon. thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Registered Member

Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Registered Member

The new wheels look awesome. I bet you could get that front bumper painted for $200 and the car would really look good. Some velcro would alsow work with that glove compartment. It woudn't be completely fixed but at least it would be better than driving it around with it down all the time. Might help you sell it faster. Nice car! GLWS!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #8
Registered Member

I'm seriously thinking about having it painted I think your right on helping it sell. As I put on ebay it does us about a 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart of oil. it doesnt look like it is coming from the valve cover. I will try and get a pic today to see if anyone on here can tell me (where or how) to fix it. the people that have come to look at it (tire kickers) have commented on the oil leak its not a lot but is a eye sore.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrx View Post
THE CAR HAS A SALVAGE TITLE I bought it out of FL from Copart a insurance auction. Their report from USAA ( the Insurance Company) was it was stolen and recovered.
I'm not at liberty to speak on regulations in other states, but New Jersey makes a salvage title almost worth scrapping the car. NJ refuses to register a vehicle with a salvage title, so there is no way to legally drive it uness you get the salvage label removed.

The only way to do that is to obtain all original paperwork from the insurance companies / state it was salvaged in as to why it recieved that label, followed by pictures of whatever damage (if any) it was salvaged for, receipts from whatever service company fixed the problems, pictures of the problems resolved, and finally you need to take it to one of a small handful of state inspection stations cabably of inspecting a car for salvage title removal.

I'm aware that you said it was stolen and recovered, but was that just cause in whatever state it happened to give the title a salvage label? You mentioned the ignition was broken but repaired - was that the reason? I would be interested in the car, but not without everything necessary to remove the salvage title - because in NJ, a car with a salvage title is either a paperweight or parts.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #10
Registered Member

I'm not sure what you would have to do in the state of NJ I got it w a FL title when I bought it. I have register the car in my name and with a SC title and registration I don't what else to tell you to get title registered in your name. If you want to check with your local DMV and if need be I can fax a copy to you to show them the title. You can also call me 8649232976. Thanks

Closed Thread