92 Civic hatch 213K miles with VX wheels auction Sat Mar 22 Pontiac MI - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

92 Civic hatch 213K miles is a VX but is a rust bucket auction Sat Mar 22 Pontiac MI

Update: see post number 5 below. VX's don't deserve this!

Okay, here's another one for y'all.

VOA has a white 92 civic hatch with VX wheels on it. High miles but could be worth it. I would go see it but I can't. I can't see how bad the rear quarter panel rust is from the photo angle - if only I had the photo viewer from the film Blade Runner . It's #64. See it this friday the 21st.

http://www.voaautoauction.org/saturday.htm

Old 03-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Supporting Member

How does this work? I mean, how do you know how it runs?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

You go to the preview at the auction lot on friday between 10 am and 4 pm. There's a guy out there with a minivan with a plywood board with all the car keys. You wait your turn and get your chance to start up the car you want to check out. No test drives though from what I could see. I was in and out of there pretty quick last friday after seeing the CRX wasn't what I wanted. Even before I went to the lot, I called to find out if the CRX was driveable or needed to be towed and that was when they told me the CRX needed starter fluid to start. You could call them and ask for the VIN to see if it's a VX but I don't know if they would give that info out. Be prepared to bid against used car dealers if it is indeed the coveted VX.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to molecule
i would say its not a vx...looks like a stock passenger mirror....
no side mouldings...and doesn't look like it has a rear wiper
cx

but then again...aftermarket headlights...so i dont know
92's are strange animals
Old 03-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

The 92 civic hatch is a VX but is a rust bucket - what a shame!

My plans changed and I was able to go see this car. Indeed it was a VX with three VX wheels and one CX wheel. Wow, what a disappointment! The entire rear quarter panel was rusted from the bumper cover to the behind the front doors. The windshield was cracked. Inside the engine compartment, the coolant overflow was dry but otherwise the engine components looked ok. The battery needed a jump, so after hooking up the booster battery, it started right away and it ran good - no bad noises from the engine or tranny. There was a bad exhaust leak at the exhaust pipe 'A' and 'B' junction, so exhaust was entering the engine bay! I couldn't drive it because someone had cut the alternator drive belt off - as soon as I took the booster battery off it died. I forgot my camera otherwise I would have posted some pics. This car was pitiful! Why some VX's rust horribly and others that have been driven on salty roads don't is a mystery to me. To think that this VX would have been alive and well if it had been a west coast or sun belt car. Really a shame.
Closed Thread