92 Civic VX teal - $3000 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

92 Civic VX teal - $3000

Hey all, I have a 92 teal civic vx. It has been a huge project for me, but Im getting married and my fiance wants a new car :/

it has 158000 miles but at 150000 I ordered a japan D15b (stock replacement same as d15z1) and dropped that in along with a new tranny (well, new used anyway!). I also did the brakes front and rear, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, cleaned the intake manifold and egr valve, new tie rods, new axle, new radiator fan, and new trunk window struts. all CA legal. average 43 mpg, best is 51mpg.

The bad... The paint on it was done really lousy and there are some drip marks on the sides. It needs a new O2 sensor, it got in a front end accident, so the hood is dented, Im buying a new hood soon. I took the ac out, but still have the parts (after the engine swap I was lazy and ac was not top of list!). No radio.

body is clean aside from front damage, which I plan on having repaired. clean title. The car is in San Diego, CA!

8000 miles on replacement engine without any problems other than o2 sensor. they told me that the replacement had 30-50000 miles. plates registered til August 2010.

Thanks for looking!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Do these cars REALLY sell at these prices?

It's wrecked, no ac, no radio, needs a new O2 sensor, and doesn't have the stock engine(JDM engines are notorious for dying early if they aren't rebuilt before being put in because they don't know what oil changes are over there) and it is 2k over market value.

Yes, a lot of stuff has been replaced but even a PERFECT VX is only marked at $1,700 with those miles on it.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hm...

Its not wrecked, it just has a dented hood. No radio, AC and o2 are simple fixes, I just wanted to see what kind of response I would get. Im open to offers. 3000 isn't a firm price, I just wanted to see who is interested. Find a stock vx for 1700!

Also, Ill post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Registered Member

If you still have the EGR control box on the firewall, I'd buy it from you.

And good luck with the sale. I hope you get decent cash for it.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
Registered Member

Bought a hood today, going to get it painted soon. What is the EGR control box?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
Registered Member

This is just a long shot in case it didn't get removed from the firewall when you did the swap. In the attached pic, it's a black box bolted to the firewall with an electrical connector coming out of it.

The JDM D15B engine does not use an EGR, so this piece would be of no use to your current setup. It is however critical to the D15Z1. If you still have it, it's a couple bolts and it's done. Name your price (if you still have it).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EGRcontroller.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1359  
Old 08-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Registered Member

I should probably correct myself and stop mucking up this thread. I had forgotten that some JDM D15Bs were VTEC-Es and some were VTECs, and apparently they have the same engine code. So you may have a VTEC-E (easiest way to tell is the valve cover and presence of an EGR valve near the TB on the IM). And if so, I apologize for the muckery.

I had an old del Sol VXi from Japan, and it had the VTEC D15B. Fun motor. But not as economical as the D15Z1 equivalent.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
Registered Member

I still have the box, and it appears to be connected properly. I did not use the japanese IM but instead cleaned out the old one and used it so I could remain CA legal.

this is a vtec-e vx, I dont know what valve youre talking about near the TB but the valve cover is definitely a giveaway. I dont think I really want to sell the box, because it appears to be connected, and Ill probably get a code if I unplug it. No worries about this thread, post spam on it I dont care!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Registered Member

hahahahahahahahaha if spam keeps you bumped, then so be it

I just find myself getting creative lately with finding parts for my swap. They're all rare, and either people have them and don't know about them or threw them away because they thought no one would buy them. Fairly frustrating.

Closed Thread