95 Civic dx whats it worth? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

95 Civic dx whats it worth?

I just bought a new car and I have to put my little civic up for sale. I'm not quite sure whats its worth, so I thought I would check here first. Its listed in the garage under Little Red 95 Civic. Its runs great has 170000 miles, interior is perfect, AC, 5sp rear brakes 1mo ago, front pads & rotors last summer, & the battery is about 4 mo old. The only bad item is that it needs a paint job. My neighbor backed out of her driveway into the driverside and I have replaced the door (used) fender & hood (new) which are black. Let me know what you think.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
Registered Member

It's worth only what someone will pay for it.

Not many buyers want a car with mismatched body panels - unless your name is Earl.

With new paint, no serious rust issues and assuming everthing else about the car is as you say it is, then you can get KBB value and maybe more.

And - it all depends on how many comparable vehicles are available in your market.

5th generation Civics in good condition always get top $$$$$.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

just a thought...

most honda guys that are DIYs that would buy and paint the car, typically go for 2 door models. and most people that are looking for 4 doors(families), might be turned off by the need for a paint job.

still, if gas goes back up in price significantly or the economy continues to deteriorate, you might find a desperate buyer.

when i sold my oldsmobile, the ONLY interested party had just totalled his car and was desperate for a replacement. i sold it for very close to market value which was a bargain for the buyer.

you could post on craigslist(free) or cars.com which offers a money back guarantee if you don't sell it. just present many pics and edit as needed(price).
Closed Thread