Civic VX in Pennsylvania - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I would be a bit warry of either of those cars, and would not bid on them unless you had a chance to look them over very closely as they both have bondo.
the one with the blue flames has been repainted, hardly anyone repaints a car and leaves it stock unless it was in an accedent, and they say the title is clear, so the accedent wasn't reported (commen, unless it was really rusty, and repaired, and that could be, if you look at the rear wheel wells they show heaviest signs of bondo.
I paid $1950 for my vx just over a year ago, it had front end damage from being hit while parked, so the photos of it looked horble on E-bay, but I went and looked at it in person, it drove straight, and after being hit again in the same corner while parked last winter I got a new front bumper and some matching spray paint and it all looks pretty good.
if a civic hatch back is going to rust, it's going to rust at the rear wheel wells first, also check the jack points, and spair tire well, if those are solid, and everything looks straight, and it drives straight, then you are doing good, the tranny shouldn't grind in any gears untill 300,000+ miles, and if it was taken care of it should have good compression and clean oil, timing belt and water pump should be changed at the same time every 100,000 mile, the drivers seat will wear, and have a whole where it gets rubed as you get in and out of the car, this seems to happen on every single civic I see.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Do the blue flames represent the lean burn?
your killing me.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
Closed Thread