d15z1 for sale @ HT - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pyramid_head
d15z1 for sale @ HT

There's a member in Honda-Tech selling a z1 for real cheap in souther California. I really want to buy it, but i have no permission to post. If anyone wants to buy it, i posted the thread. If anyone can post there, tell the member there that i am interested in buying it (if no one wants to buy it ). I live in L.A. 90033, and i am able to pick it up. My email is Alexy_7734@yahoo.com. Thanks.

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zero...ostid=30780494.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
Registered Member

I sent an email to the guy with your email address in it and I told him you were interested in the engine.

I have to tell you that I would have a couple of concerns, if I were going to purchase the engine. First, he has almost 270,000 miles on the engine. Unless you are considering going to the expense of getting it bored and rebuilt, that is a lot of miles on a used engine, even a Honda. Second, from the sounds of his listing, the distributor and some other externals have been taken from his original engine.

If it were me, I would look at getting a used Japan engine. You should be able to get a working one in pretty good condition for $350, or so. Matt bought one for his Franken-Civic, from somewhere in So Cal.

Another possibility would be to use the head, get it rebuilt, including new valve guides and then use is for a mini-me on your existing engine.
What are you thinking of putting the engine into? What are you thinking of using as a transmission? The transmission's are 50% of the improvement in mileage of the VX's over a DX and if your switching for mileage, it is something you should seriously consider.

Gary Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Well.. i have no engine on my 88 CRX si. I do have the engine harness on my si with a P07 (49 state ECU with lean-burn command) vx, and a California HF transmission. I have bought a new final driven gear that has the ration of 2.95, so i can swap out my CA. (3.25) final driven gear. My plan is to pair up the D15z1 engine with the HF tranny. But thanks for the advise. I remember going to nippon motors one day and they tried to jack up the price on a z1 engine (originally $375 on their website, but they told me it was $450). They pissed me off and i vowed never to go there again.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

That being the case, I would go ahead and get the engine. Understand your frustration with getting yanked around. When you get the engine, most likely, you can still get by with just new rings, rod bearings, main bearings, oil pump and a valve job on the head. If the rod clearances will be tolerable with new inserts, that route would work ok, in my experience.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #5
Registered Member

There are 2 more members at HT that might still be selling their Z1 engines in southern CA. Here are the links:

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2084873

and

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2093718

LOL... sorry to ask, but can someone contact them for me. I'm hurting for an engine.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Supporting Member

What are the requirements to be allowed to post there anyway?
McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
Registered Member

You can post on the tech site, but you have to put in a 30 day trial to post on the market place site.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
Actually, I believe the trial is 14 days and 10 posts. Pass both of those and you become an unrestricted member and can post in the marketplace sections.
limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

I think it was 7 or 10 days and you have 5 post a day, until those days are up. Then you are be able to post where ever.
EG6ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #10
Registered Member

Eh.. the engine doesn't look so healthy anyways (i mean... c'mon... 280k miles?). I was thinking about buying it, (for $50), but he sounds very vague about the condition of the engine. I may have to end up buying very expensive sensors (besides the 02) that might exceed $350 worth of purchases to get it running properly again. I might as well buy an imported d15b vtec-e.