For sale 92 VX Illinois 133k - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #21
Registered Member

Have more pictures to list here.

These are all from just about an hour ago.

Took a better picture of the rust spot on the rear and a dent that I could not get to show up in the picture, and the underside, and brakes that looked really good, They were not cleaned just blown out, there was NO rust at all in the rear brakes. The drums looked good no gouging or scoring. The underside is dirty but rust free!

Thats all I got today. Brakes really do look good, and the undercoating is still on the car.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #22
Registered Member

anyway let me know.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
Yeah, the car looks to be in pretty fine order. Thanks for doing that! There's a couple other VXes I am looking at that are closer, but this looks to be a pretty solid bet. you mentioned a powertrain warranty. Did you have a time frame or mileage number in mind?

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #24
Registered Member

Since I'm not a dealer or anything, I would have something wrote up that I would either A. Basically buy back the car. or B. Pay for any incurred problems. But I could only guarentee a 1000k miles, I know it sounds rediculous, but some dealers won't even give you that on a used car. That is just because I KNOW that the engine and trans are in fine working order. I've went through them and know they are fine. I would feel more comfortable giving you more of a warranty, if you were closer, because I've rebuilt so many Honda's and pretty much done work on EVERY part of a Civic, so if you were closer I would be able to fix whatever the problem would be and provide the parts.

I know it sounds kind of pointless, but hey, I just bought a 2002 WRX and all I got was 3000k miles and a 80/20 warranty. So coming from an individual, a 1k warranty is not a bad deal.

This is what is/has being replaced. Engine mount, that was warn pretty badly, the rest are in good shape. Timing belt, water pump, all exhaust valvetrain including guides. Intake valve seals. Head gasket, intake gasket, exhaust gasket, Oil in engine and transmission. Clutch is pretty fresh, can't tell you exactly how new, but by the looks of it, less than 5k on it. The valves, obviously, will be adjusted, and adjusted again after I drive it and get everything broke back in.

Heres how its going to be though.

AS IS (with the engine/trans warranty) $2350 its yours.
The windshield needs replaced. I will replace that and find new/nicer seats for it $2550. For $2750 I will replace the hood and fender as well, however they will not be painted orange.

The windshield is pretty cheap, but me replacing the windshield and seats makes it much nicer and extremely ready to drive. The hood and fender are just cosmetic, and to me, if your looking for mileage than its just a cosmetic thing.

Around here, we have no inspections, so if I was to keep it and drive it, the windshield would stay, unless of course I got a ticket for it. But I've drop thousands of miles here and been pulled over and never had a single cop say a thing about the windshield.

Just let me know, hopefully I have it running and a video of it by Wednesday night. If everything comes in on time I will.

Basically I'm basing the price off of several people NOW wanting the car as a shell for $1500 and I've turned them down. To me, a VX that runs, over just being a shell should be worth 1k more. For the time and money I've put into it, it is to me. Most of the people that want it for a shell are younger kids wanting to make it a rice burner, but seeing as it is a gas getting VX, I'd personally rather see it being used for its original purpose, not with a huge fart can on it, annoying everyone around!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #25
Registered Member

If there is no interest in the next few weeks its going on eBay
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #26
Registered Member

Engine runs like a champ, battery was also replaced, as well as the igniter unit. The only off track thing as of this moment, I'm not sure what exhaust I am planning to go with, the exhaust is junk and needs to be replaced, I still have my Stock cat-back off of my WRX, which is very quiet, and thought about having a custom exhaust made (of course the same size as factory, and incorporating the WRX muffer) In no way shape or form would this hurt mileage, or noise!

Anyway, I found new carpet, front and rear seats, in black that I am strongly considering putting into the car.

I really do need to get rid of this thing, what is your Honest opinion on its value, the engine runs perfect (as alot of it was rebuilt) there is 1 rust spot and 1 bubble spot. If the seats are replaced, the only other faults are the hood, fender and windshield, which I could also replace, but the hood and fender would not match the paint scheme (not that it could truly get any worse).

Without anything more done to it, I would let it go for $2250 and a full tank of fuel, I really just need for it to go, do you think ebay is the best bet?

Jerod
Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #27
Registered Member

Ebay is getting costly to sell cars on, you might try http://craigslist.org first.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #28
Registered Member

I have, but it seems like there are only scammers and people who don't want to pay **** for it, wanting it for like 500-1000 in good running condition.

What is a car like this worth in all reality? I know for a fact I have it sold for $1500 without an engine, but the engine runs so good now and there are so many new parts that it would be stupid to sell it without the engine.......

So I know for a fact its worth at least $1500...

Jerod
Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 AM   #29
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
my interest in the car is contingent on my dad selling his Toyota Previa. I'm still considering your car, tho Jarod. It does sound like a good deal. If it wasn't such an eye sore. :-/

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #30
Registered Member

Interested

Hey how far into Illinios are your? Also what did you decide the final asking price was, is the car stick and with that 1000k mile warrenty? As long as the engine is solid vx material, I wouldn't mind paying for that albeit a bit less, cause its sort of an ugly beast