For sale 92 VX Illinois 133k - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 AM   #31
Registered Member

tell me about it, I would drive it, but the savings would be pointless I've had my car for 3 months and put 950 miles on it. So fuel mileage is not really an issue, or I would without a doubt keep it and drive it for another 1/2 million miles

It isn't pretty that is for sure!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #32
Registered Member

Sunday this goes on eBay if there is no interest. It is getting a brand new axle back from walker, which is a stock replacement. Also, due to unfortunate o2 circumstances, it is also getting a new 5 wire o2 sensor , apparently the guy I got i from was a cheap *** and when the original one went bad, he just replaced it with a 4 wire. Anyway I should have it completed tom. night IF everything goes right, nothing seems to be going right

Anyway Heres the replacement list:

Shew here goes:
New Battery
New Timing Belt
New Water Pump
New Cap
New Rotor
New Plug Wires
New Plugs
New Factory Replacement Axle Back Exhaust
New upper Radiator Hose
A/C Recharged and Converted to R134 PROPERLY!
New Air Filter
New Hood Latch Cable With New Handle (BRAND New From Honda)
New 5-Wire Wideband O2 Sensor (((((
Fresh Transmission Oil
Engine Oil Was Changed Before Start Up (of course the oil pan was off)
And Will be getting changed again prior to sale
New Head Gasket
New Intake Manifold Gasket
New Exhaust Gasket
Replaced Drivers Side Lower Front Engine Mount With Stiffer Passenger Side Lower Front Mount (drivers side is junk and breaks alllll the time on Civic's and the Passenger side mount is a little stiffer and way better design.
Coolant Flushed
Clutch has Less thank 5k on it.
Valves Adjusted, Re-Adjusted and will be Checked once again prior to sale just to 100% insure their accuracy.
Comes with 14" CRX SI Alloys with good tires.
Also 13" Civic DX Steel Wheels Painted Black with good tires.
Extra interior Parts (painted and ugly but they are in good shape)
That is all I can think of. I have a few odds and Ends I will throw in just because: Extra shift linkage. Possibly a spare pass. side axle in good shape. A brand new Honda OEM Clutch Release Fork.
Clutch Fluid Drained and Bled
If I get time (which is unlikely, but possibly) I will completely flush the brake fluid and bleed it to all 4 wheels.
Brakes are good, front rotors are a little rusty, but it has been sitting for quite a while.

AS IS!!!! $2300 (because I just bought a $400 o2 sensor )
If you would like anything else done or replaced (to save you a mechanic bill) I can do it for the price of parts. I get parts at a good price (dad works at a reputable local parts store, NOT a chain store!)

Please let me know, as it will go on eBay and for sale locally (which it will last about a day around here, bunch of kids want to rice it out but I hate to do that to it after all that I've put into it).

Otherwise its a STRONG!!! Mechanical car that is just ugly. If you want mileage, you really shouldn't care about looks. I would keep it and drive it, but like I said work is less than a mile away, and I usually ride a bike. No use honestly, just a fun project.

Anyway, Sunday, unless I have a sure deal its going on eBay, I've sold 3 bikes an Accord and a Jeep on there with NO problems.

Must go, I will deliver for price of fuel within a couple hundred miles (will drive it there on a bill of sale)

Let me know PM me or if your set on it Give me a call 217 663 0767

Jerod

Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #33
Registered Member

33% off till nov 5th
Old 10-18-2007, 07:41 PM   #34
Registered Member

Right, well with that attitude, I'll just put er on eBay.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #35
Registered Member

Put clear up there.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:06 AM   #36
Registered Member

I'm looking for a VX or CX but probably won't have what you're looking for as far as price. I need one for gas mileage not to rice out. I have a F-150 and I need to get better gas mileage than 16-18mpg.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccall View Post
I'm looking for a VX or CX but probably won't have what you're looking for as far as price. I need one for gas mileage not to rice out. I have a F-150 and I need to get better gas mileage than 16-18mpg.
Your probably not going to find either without rust and good running for anything less than that. it will either be rust free and not running or engineless or it will run good and be about to fall apart....

Ive looked a whole bunch, and I'm pricing mine to sell compared to other good running and rustless vx's

Jerod
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #38
Registered Member

I'm working with a limited budget. You've done alot to your civic and I'm sure its worth every penny you're asking for.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #39
Registered Member

well, I do wish you luck, I understand the budget thing, I'm broke

Anyway I wanted to add if everything goes right tom. I'm going to pick up two mint front seats, speaker grills (that aren't painted!) and a few other little odds and ends that need replaced. Found a VX at a salvage yard that is 95% there still Can't tell where though!

Jerod
Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #40
Registered Member

New pictures hopefully tonight, and video if I get the exhaust on tonight.

Its basically ready to go, I picked up NICE seats for it today, and a few other odds and ends.

Hood latch cable is installed and works perfect, valves have been correctly checked and adjusted 3 times to insure their clearance. Can't hardly hear the engine run, just the injectors.

Anyway, I'm putting it on eBay tom. night so if no one is interested in a perfect running vx, well...

Jerod

Closed Thread