FS: 2008 VW Rabbit I5 2.5L 5MT, rare Shadow Blue color. Warranty! (RI/MA/CT) - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Arrow FS: 2008 VW Rabbit I5 2.5L 5MT, rare Shadow Blue color. Warranty! (RI/MA/CT)

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S (aka Golf) with a 2.5 liter inline 5 cylinder engine and 5 speed manual transmission. The color is Shadow Blue, a somewhat rare color.

See my gaslog for Effram The Retarded Rabbit for fuel economy. YMMV, but with moderate EOC, neutral coasting otherwise, 51psi inflation, and WOT+shortshifting, this car should get you 35mpg except in dense city driving...with lots of fun every time you take a curve, and comfort all the time.

Located in RI (can meet in Worcester or Northeastern CT easily, too).

- 2-door.
- 32,000 miles.
- Remote windows - open and close the windows with the remote control.
- Stereo plays mp3 CDs. You can dump hundreds of your favorite mp3s on a CD for over 10 hours of music without having to change the CD.
- OEM iPod dock in center console allows you to control your iPod from the stereo.
- Maintained per the manufacturer's schedule.
- 18,000 miles of original 50,000 mile VW bumper-to-bumper warranty left.
- New tires come with the car (not currently mounted). The tires that are currently mounted are almost worn out.
- Comes with the original VW wheelcovers (one is scratched), the replacement wheelcovers shown on the car, and a few extra wheelcovers that match the replacements.

- Minor aesthetic modifications and accessories can be removed before sale. There are two scratches, about two inches long, on the roof. I have touch-up paint for it. The rear window squirter is modified to squirt backwards to repel tailgaters and can be put back to stock behavior before sale. Other than that, the car is like new.

The Rabbit is a unique car. I love this car, but my needs have changed and I no longer need a dependable new car, nor the payments that come with it. I just want out of monthly payments. I'll sure miss it, though.

Its I5 engine can accelerate the car smoothly from idle if you like low RPM driving. If you like to rev it up, it sounds great and happily makes 170hp/177ft-lb torque.

The transmission is silky smooth. You can shift very quickly. The light clutch doesn't make your left leg tired in traffic.

If you don't fit well in compact cars, you will probably fit in this one. The interior layout feels similar to my full size pickup. I was startled the first time I sat in it and I was perfectly comfortable. It's the only compact car I've ever felt right in.

If you like a smooth comfortable ride, it's the right car. If you like a taut European ride, it's still the right car; it strikes the perfect balance. Handling is perfectly even; you can cause oversteer or understeer whenever you want, otherwise it does neither.

The backseat, unlike compact cars from American and Japanese designers, is quite comfortable for adults for long rides. I'm a big guy and I rode in the backseat for 3 hours while a friend drove, I was supremely comfortable.

There's huge aftermarket support for customizing and modifying this car. Whatever you want to do, you can do with off-the-shelf parts. There's also plenty of free modifications you can do, such as reconfiguring various automated behaviors using a Vag-Com cable with VCDS software. A partial list of what you can do with that setup is at http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7410 and you can find someone with the equipment to do it for free or nearly free at http://vagcomlocator.com.

Priced at $12,000 to sell. You won't find this deal anywhere else. Price is firm, it's what I need to get out of the car.

The original wheelcovers (also included):

Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Registered Member

I like the cow seat cover.

so what are your plans? obviously something different.

good luck on the sale. I would love it if it had half the motor. I'm not as good at technique as you are so I would just hot rod it around (and maybe try to get it to around 200rwhp)

Old 01-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

Haha why did you turn the VW emblem on the grille upside down? In any case it looks kinda neat.

Good luck with the sale!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
My plans are to get a beater that I can hypermile well. In another thread I asked about Ford Rangers because that's probably what I'll get, due to supply and demand around here. On another forum, a couple people have me almost convinced to get a Saab...there is free software for completely re-programming the engine, so I could tune it for hypermiling.

I just need to get out of monthly payments and full coverage insurance. I love the car, selling it is a purely financial decision.

The VW badge is upside down because it looks kinda neat. Kinda like mountains or something...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post

Kinda like mountains or something...
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Closed Thread