How much to sell '94 VX salvage title for? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

How much to sell '94 VX salvage title for?

Hi all,
I really liked the comments on the thread "how much for my 92 vx" but I'm curious how much a salvage title might effect the value/price of a '94 VX? My car has 124k and drives great but now has a crushed bumper, quarter panel, and dent in hood. The passenger side rear is pushed in a bit but novelty tailgate(I love that thing) still works fine. Regardless of the overall shape, the engine is still great which brings me to my other question, even if someone didn't want to mess with the body fixes, what can I expect on a resell of a low-miles VX engine alone? As many of you know, 42mpg is average... I'd keep her but we're expecting a baby and getting in and out of the back with a car seat would definitely test even the most patient dad in me. Thanks in advance for your thoughts! I'm trying to determine whether to keep the car or sell back to insurance - someone else's fault, not mine.
Regards.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Registered Member

My guesstimate:

94 VX with salvage title - $1200 (if rear suspension does not require frame straightening due to quarter panel damage).

VX engine/trans with low miles - $600.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

not to contradict the baby thing but have you seen the new car seats with the quick release bases? I was worried about my cavalier (2 door) and it has been much easier than I thought it was going to be.

it may be different once she gets in the seat that is forward facing but it works good for me right now.

I didn't want to get rid of my car either and decided to wait until we tried it to see how it went. my wife has a honda element so that is our primary baby vehicle but she fits fine in the cavalier.

Closed Thread