MINT CRX but this will make you go WTH??? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

MINT CRX but this will make you go WTH???

Ok there's another thread on here "Another VX for sale, but $5500!" (http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=6752) so I just wanted to post this to make you guys see just how crazy this one is that it makes that thread seem like a bargain!

Here's the link and ad verbage below:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/604443754.html

ORIGINAL GAS SAVER - 1989 Honda CRX (All Original) - $8900

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-604443754@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-03-12, 6:20PM PDT

FOR SALE - 1989 Honda CRX with 51,626 original miles.

Odometer HAS NOT turned over.

This car is STOCK. NO JDM this or B16a that, or lowering or wing kits. This car is exactly how it rolled off the assembly line in 89.

These cars get well over 35 mpg. Are super peppy, and was the original gas saver before the Mini Cooper, Del Sol, MR2, and all Hybrids.
Exterior is in excellent condition.
Interior is in excellent condition.
Even has the stock am/fm honda cassette deck.
In 6 more years this car becomes a classic and at 51K miles, THIS CAR is at the BEGINNING OF IT'S LIFE and not the END like most CRX's for sale.
The Honda CRX is so light, it can easily be used as a tow behind vehicle for Motorhomes as a gas saving run about.
With gas going up to $4.00 a gallon - Invest now in a gas saver at a fraction of the cost of a Hybrid.
Don't miss your chance to own the cleanest and most original Honda CRX left ! email

Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
Supporting Member

70DIMER -

I'm near enough to go look at it, but $8900?!?!?!?! I would be willing to go up to $6K if it is as mint as it claims. But I'm ... not ... in ... the market!!!!! (I am fighting with my internal impulse shopper) Must ... go to ... 99 cents store ... to waste ... money ... until the ... impulse fades.

I sold my 1990 CRX at 89K miles. What a "bargain" that would be for me.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
Old 03-13-2008, 03:57 AM   #3

There is one in Nevada for sale for around the same - never seen snow or even fog, really low miles too - it is yellow.

I would LOVE one of these as I am trying to stockpile CRXs right now, would love one all factory for the fun factor, with zero rust, engine still looks new, etc.

Still out of my price range though.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
70DIMER -

I'm near enough to go look at it, but $8900?!?!?!?! I would be willing to go up to $6K if it is as mint as it claims. But I'm ... not ... in ... the market!!!!! (I am fighting with my internal impulse shopper) Must ... go to ... 99 cents store ... to waste ... money ... until the ... impulse fades.

I sold my 1990 CRX at 89K miles. What a "bargain" that would be for me.

CarloSW2

Ha, I'm not the only one. I do the same thing. When I get a strong spend craving I'll go waste a dollar.

https://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...emysan/saturn/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"for best mileage swap in a d15z1"
Old 03-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Supporting Member

lovemysan -

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysan View Post
Ha, I'm not the only one. I do the same thing. When I get a strong spend craving I'll go waste a dollar.
Since my Mom raised me in thrift stores, I think of Dollar/99 Cent/Big Lots as thrift stores for our generation. In either case I can go on cheap "treasure hunts", looking for bargains.

I really really really wish I could justify another car and had the bucks lying around. My old CRX is my benchmark for what a car should be. A 55K mile CRX? Totally unheard of.

CarloSW2

Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to molecule
flagged for removal...haha...probably enough people flagged it that thought the price was too high...rofl
Old 03-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Registered Member

Actually, if you keep your eyes peeled, these are around "that age" where recently retired drivers that bought them new and looked after them impeccably are starting to give up driving or pass away.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 03-13-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
Supporting Member

molecule -

Quote:
Originally Posted by molecule View Post
flagged for removal...haha...probably enough people flagged it that thought the price was too high...rofl
How can being too high priced cause the car to be removed? Does that happen on craigslist? Here is what it says regarding removal :

flags and community moderation
http://www.craigslist.org/about/help...ity_moderation
Quote:
* miscategorized - wrong category/site, discusses another ad, otherwise misplaced
* prohibited - violates craigslist Terms of Use or other posted guidelines
* spam/overpost - posted too frequently, in multiple cities/categories, or is too commercial
CarloSW2

Old 03-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
Registered Member

No being too high price is NOT a reason to be flagged but whatever the reason he isn't taking it lying down He has reposted it and I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Here's the new link: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/car/605048918.html

Closed Thread