Taking offers, please read full description below. Thank you
** Pictures will be posted within next day or so**
I have pictures taken with my phone camera that's 2.0 mega-pixels that I can send via email if would like to see before then.
I hate to post this, but I'm thinking about getting rid of my 92 Civic VX. Federal emissions car, although I'm currently running a California ecu because the federal ecu would cut in/out almost like the engine was stuttering. Switching the ecu's barely effect fuel economy but greatly improves driveability. I still average around 40mpg in mixed driving. I still have the original ecu if you wanted to use it once again.
Here are some of the details on the car itself:
Exterior color Teal
Body is very clean, especially for New York.
Very, very minimal rust on passenger side quarter panel (typical Honda spot)
Interior color gray/black
Swapped rear seat from a newer 95 Civic hatch (old one heavily stained)
Driver's seat has typical rip on bolster with foam wearing away
Oil changed with Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 running a Bosch Distance Plus filter (both very premium products)
Does not leak or burn any oil
Original VX lightweight wheels
Factory air conditioning fully functional and blows cold
Rear speaker kit from Civic Si using very nice 6 1/2" Alpine speakers (very expensive and done right with all OEM Honda parts)
Honda factory accessory aluminum shift knob for Honda Fit (still have original)
Recent parts include:
NGK spark plug wires ($80)
NGK spark plugs (VX specific ZFR4F-11)
Ignition control module
OEM Honda clutch master and slave cylinders (over $250 in parts alone)
New front brake pads and rotors
Newer tires, evenly worn
Battery less than year old
- Speedometer doesn't work when it's warm out. Very common problem in the Civic. Replaced speedometer sensor and didn't fix problem.
- Very small easily fixable amount of rust
- Dent on driver's side behind door (will post pics)
- Rear bumper has adhesive and marks from previous bumper stickers that have since been removed.
- Rear bumper also could be realigned (not bad at all, but will be posting pics of this)
- Mechanic told me that the clutch is beginning to wear out, perfectly drivable as it is but should be replaced in next year or two depending on the amount and type of driving
I haven't completely made up my mind about selling the car as of yet. I'm posting on here because I would like the next owner to be someone who appreciates a VX for what it is and treats it right. It took me forever to come across one in this condition and I paid quite a bit of money for it. If I don't get any reasonable offers, I have no problems keeping the car and getting 40 mpg in the process. I'm not selling out of desperation, I just hardly use the car and feel guilty it's not out on the road being enjoyed.