84-87 CRX Wanted - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
XFi
Registered Member

84-87 CRX Wanted

My next project

Thought I would put it out there... Looking to purchase a 1984-1987 1st Generation Honda Civic CRX. Rust Free or Virtually Rust Free Condition Desired. Running or not. 5spd a must. Carburated HF prefered.

Any condition considered. Prefer location close to North East, but willing to travel for right vehicle at the right price.

Feel free to message me or call me at 267 280 3569 (no calls after 9pm EST please).

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I have a 1985 crx hf that I'll be selling soon.
Here is the bad stuff: It has a little rust around the rear fenders, some around the right front jack point, the engine burns oil and has low compression (120psi), 2nd gear has a bad syncroniser so it grinds a little, but it does shift in to gear, and stays in gear just fine.

I have a spare engine and transmition that come with the car, they have 137,000 miles on them (bought them off some kid who was making his crx hf in to a race car) the engine is solid and comes with a compleat carburator, air intake and a box full of emision controle boxes, exaust manifold, catolitic converter, everything looks to have been very carfuly removed, nothing cut or broken that I could see, the spare transmition also seems to be in good condition, compleat with a new clutch.

even tho the car has a little rust, the floor is solid, the suspension points are all solid, exaust is all brand new honda exaust, one piece 9 feet long from the down pipe where it comes off the catolitic converter to the tip of the muffler, it has a new distributer advance diaphram, new warm air flap diaphram, new carburator float needle, carburator has new gaskets, and accelerator pump, new fuel filters, new radiator, new E-brake cable on the right hand side (E-brake works properly), I think I replaced rear brake shoes, but not front pads, it has 4 brand new 175/70 13" tires on steel HF rims, they all match, and the tires still have the little rubber nubs on the tred, they were new when I got the car, I drove it home and put my snow tires on it, then put another set of tires I already had mounted on, so they are basicly new, each tire/rim combo weigh about 27 pounds.

even with the low compression, burning of oil, and slight tranny problem it's still an extreamly reliable car, a few years back with it in this condition I took it on a 7,000 mile road trip, mostly alone, without any problems, altho I did buy a case of oil to take with me, then I picked up this spare engine/tranny, and have been slowly fixing things on it, but I have to many other projects .
my asking price is $1,200 for the whole car, and all the parts.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
XFi
Registered Member

PM Sent

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote