'94 Geo Metro workshop manual WANTED - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

'94 Geo Metro workshop manual WANTED

How dee !

If anyone has an old workshop manual they want to part with I could be interested.

Actually i'de just prefer scans from the engine mechanical and the EFI.
My car , a Swift 1.0 has the same engine but there are no manuals for it with the G10 engine.
So I guess the Geo manual is the next best choice , but I dont realy want to buy a whole book for one or two relavant sections.

Some donated scans sent to my email box would be much nicer.

onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
On a sad note today I stopped to check on my Geo and found the gas tank on empty and the battery dead from the key being left on ACC the last time Mike moved it - seems a leak occurred in the fuel line and leaked out half a tank of gas so since the registration expires today and my Brother is not at all interested in fixing it I am not renewing the registration and removed the plates and cleaned it out today. Will be heading for the car crusher sometime next week after I stop by with the spare tires that I no longer need and take a few photos. HEY ANYONE NEED ANY PARTS LET ME KNOW ASAP!! Mirror lights tires two front ones are 2 years of use.

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
*shrug*

CAR CRUSHER!!! I'll take it. How close are you to mid VT/NH?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
CAR CRUSHER!!! I'll take it. How close are you to mid VT/NH?
The car is in Tiverton near Route 24 and Main Road just before the Sakonnet River Bridge Last Exit before the bridge when going south on 24. Let me know because it should be around for the weekend. As it is it runs although I was going to keep the battery as it was taking 55 amps at 13.5volts and liking it so it is strong been on solar panels keeping it topped off.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Tiverton,+RI
Old 08-31-2006, 06:18 PM   #5
*shrug*

Damnit! It's way to far, , I really wish I could snag it, dream car and all,
Old 08-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Damnit! It's way to far, , I really wish I could snag it, dream car and all,
Hey you could weld it where it is and drive it away if you fix the fuel line in front of the left rear wheel. THere is a garage there and a welding machine - my brother just doesn't want to work on it. It can be trailered really easy and is drivable just don't trust the partial weld holding it together if I had to stop fast - new front pads too. Rotors are all rusty but will clean up easy.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
*shrug*

I would, I would, but I'm going up to Dartmouth on monday, so I def can't go this weekend and then once there I have a camping/hiking trip for a week, so I can't get back after that,
Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
XFi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegammyleg
How dee !

If anyone has an old workshop manual they want to part with I could be interested.

Actually i'de just prefer scans from the engine mechanical and the EFI.
My car , a Swift 1.0 has the same engine but there are no manuals for it with the G10 engine.
So I guess the Geo manual is the next best choice , but I dont realy want to buy a whole book for one or two relavant sections.

Some donated scans sent to my email box would be much nicer.
I have a 1994 factory manual and would be happy to help...if I can. Not selling it (there are some on ebay) and the engine mechanical section is 68 pages long, engine fuel is another 14 pages...this does not include the huge section on driveablility and emissions. Can't scan these all, but more than willing to look some things up for you, let me know.

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #9
Registered Member

Hi XFi thanks for the offer.
I have sent you a private message.
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:30 AM   #10
XFi
Registered Member

Scans

"About all that I really need is ...

1. a cutaway drawing of the engine assembly.
2. Complete wiring diagram.
3. efi diganostic or block diagrams, + error codes.

The factory books often go into very deep details but I only need the basic info., + only stuff that is directly related to the 1.0 efi engine."

I just got through looking at the factory service manual for what you asked for. WOW they don't make things easy.

There is no one (or even two or three) pages with a general breakdown of the engine. Everything is seperate and broken down accordingly in pictures.

There are some pages (a good few) of the wiring diagram. They break this down between standard emissions and upgraded emissions. Do you know which it is that you have?
On the metros, the 'upgraded emissions' include base model 5spd and base model with california emissions and auto.
The 'standard emissions' include all XFi models and Base models with auto (excluding California emissions).
I do not know which your swift has. I have been told that they are equipped like the XFi models, but not sure. Let me know and I can make some scans.

The diagnostic section is HUGE in this book. It is all listed under the driveability and emissions section. There are specific steps described in many flow charts, but I could not find an 'error code' section listed. Most of that kind of diag is done by a 'tech 1 scan tool'. It is not an obd2 car. I remember on other older cars - obd1 (like GM) you could jump the connector with a paper clip to flash codes. I couldn't on this car. Maybe someone else has some insight on this.

I believe I have a chiltons manual laying around. This may have the more general info that you are looking for. I'll take a look

Join us for the November 22, 2008 Pennsylvania Meet at Cabela's!
https://www.gassavers.org/showthread....634#post121634
XFi is offline   Reply With Quote