ATV/UTV helmet - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-20-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question ATV/UTV helmet

Hi! I'm just looking for safety equipment for my 10 years old son. Recently we bought electric ATV but my wife is anxious about risk while driving so now we are searching for a helmet and glows. Which brans are popular and proven now for kids? We need DOT-Certified only helmet and lightweight but firm. Any offers?

Dex908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

Check out Hard Head and Razor helmets They are DOT approved and light in weight.

mohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:55 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex908 View Post
Hi! I'm just looking for safety equipment for my 10 years old son. Recently we bought electric ATV but my wife is anxious about risk while driving so now we are searching for a helmet and glows. Which brans are popular and proven now for kids? We need DOT-Certified only helmet and lightweight but firm. Any offers?
Well, I decided to update my post just FYI. So I've been looking for a safety helmet which my son would like and it was not so hard as we expected. After reading dozens of forums and posts like this one (a pretty good one detailed review) https://www.kidsatvsale.com/kids-atv-helmet/ we decided to buy a Razor helmet that is DOT Certified so we are sure about the quality and safety. Now my son is happy, that's the main point. The helmet is quite lightweight, washable and adjustable to grow up. Thanks for the advice, it's pretty good! Hope this will help anyone!
Old 08-28-2019, 01:57 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohenry View Post
Check out Hard Head and Razor helmets They are DOT approved and light in weight.
Thanks, I searched for Razor helmets and they are really proven and quality! A few my friend also told me to look at this brand.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

I know it's old post. But Dex you can also check https://gearbikesreview.com/best-tod...elmets-review/. It's really great article about kids helmets. Thanks
BenRiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:24 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex908 View Post
Well, I decided to update my post just FYI. So I've been looking for a safety helmet which my son would like and it was not so hard as we expected. After reading dozens of forums and posts like this one (a pretty good one detailed review) detecthistory we decided to buy a Razor helmet that is DOT Certified so we are sure about the quality and safety. Now my son is happy, that's the main point. The helmet is quite lightweight, washable and adjustable to grow up. Thanks for the advice, it's pretty good! Hope this will help anyone!

Great Razor helmet, but does DOT certification that much needed for your son? It's little bit op for a child in my opinion.
SavageOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:31 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageOfficial View Post
Great Razor helmet, but does DOT certification that much needed for your son? It's little bit op for a child in my opinion.
Electric ATVs for kids can go over 10 mph, and weigh over 100 lbs so they're not a toy.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission recommend that all users of ATVs "wear a suitable helmet which is DOT certified" so it's worth paying a little extra for an approved one like the Razor helmet. Other recommended gear for ATV safety includes eye protection, gloves, long pants and a long sleeved shirt.

A helmet is a good start but parents should also supervise young kids on ATVs, at least until they have learned to drive it safely.
AlexEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #8
Out of Fuel

"Electric ATVs for kids can go over 10 mph, and weigh over 100 lbs so they're not a toy."
That is something they don't usually include in the ads, for all obvious reasons.
EddWick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:18 PM   #9
Registered Member

Necro!

When it comes to helmet. Always buy new from the store and get proper fitment above all else. Color and pricing are just secondaries.

ThatOddMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atv helmet, kids safe