Just got a 86 CRX HF and am looking to - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Just got a 86 CRX HF and am looking to

buy the rear carpet, a passenger visor, a front piece (white) that sits in between the headlights, and a rear spoiler. The car is awesome and reminds me of when I was just starting out. It needs a tune as the idle is high and a good cleaning , Has 217k but starts and runs perfect except for the idle and it likes to die when cold, Its carburated and i have to do some learning there. If you have any of these pieces email me. Thanks Seth abalonedvr2@netzero.net Now on to the mechanics page. If anyone is near Sacramento and wants to make a little cash on the side dialing this engine in let me know as well. Thanks in advance

abalonedvr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Brian D.
What color is your car? Does it matter what color that front panel (header panel...between the two headlights....which is tough to find NOT cracked)? Aside from that header panel, what color does the rear carpet need to be? This carpet you're referring to is just the hatch/trunk area carpet, correct? Finally, depending upon the color of your interior (and I realize that these might all be GREY in color anyway, but...) what color passenger visor do you need? I'll check what I have with regards to each of these parts (as well as the rear spoiler), but you'll have to let me know if you are opposed to parts that may not be the same color as your car's exterior/interior. Thanks. -Brian

Old 04-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
A few years back there was someone on Redpepperracing.com who was making up carbon fiber, and fiber glass copies of that part that goes in front of the hood, as the original is plastic and they fall apart after 25 years, a copy is going to be better then a used part because you would then just need to spend $10 on matched spray paint.
If the idle is to high first thing to check is that the warm air intake is intact, this is the tube that goes from the exhaust to the underside of the air cleaner housing's intake, if that tube is not there your engine will not run correctly, could run to lean and cause engine damage, also make sure that all the vacuum hoses are in good shape and replace any that have cracks or holes in them as one that is missing or damaged can also cause engine damage, although some people do pull them, or cap them off and don't notice the problem until the engine is fully warmed up, or the weather changes, those hoses make all the fine tuned adjustments that make your car run really well.
If you need a shop manual check out This Link, it's a PDF file shop manual that covers the civic and crx's from 1984-'88 although some of the info in regards to trim level is a little confusing because it covers models from Europe.

Is this the CRX that was on Ebay a few weeks back?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote