the VX that got away...? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

the VX that got away...?

well, saw an ad for a vx last night at midnight, 3,000 miles away from me.

mint '93 blue, bone stock, 115,000 miles, running like a kitten. $3,000.

called the owner, asked for more pics.
had do make some calls and do some thinking about whether or not it would be feasible to fly out there and get it.

i emailed the guy with an offer to buy, asking him to please hold it for me until i spoke with him this morning.

realized this morning that there are SHIPPING COMPANIES! (my main reason for hesitating was having to take a week off of work and fly out.)

couldn't get a hold of him all day. finally spoke with him and apparently someone else is coming in about an hour with the cash to buy it.

if it falls through, it's mine, and i'll have it shipped.

anyone know of a good shipping company?

i'm annoyed that i didn't give the guy a down payment right then and there last night. would have been the lucky winner.

-goose fraba

wombosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

So did it sell or do you have a shot at it??

Did you get my two messages about my CRX HF? I take it you're not interested but just wondering if you at least got them?

Too bad you didn't see this one before too... http://hartford.craigslist.org/car/406377147.html

94 honda civic vx - $1950

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2007-08-26, 11:32AM EDT

94 civic hatchback 5spd,a/c,150k miles runs excellent $1950 call 860-798-6207

70DIMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

hey man!

so sorry, i totally forgot to reply, and you had sent me a real long and thorough email. please forgive me.

in any case, no, i'm sorry i'm not interested, but looks like a cool ride.

i may still have a shot at the vx, if the sale somehow falls through. going to call the guy in an hour and see.

is it worth giving him a deposit, buying it without testing it or even seeing it in person?

see the pic. won't let me upload anymore, but under the hood looks spotless, and looks like there's NO AC.

manual tranny, paint is gleaming. 115K miles.
$3,000.

and yes, major pisser about missing that hartford VX.

i guess there is always one to be found. maybe i just need patience.
would be great to have that blue one though, identical to my friend's (handle "1993civicVX."

thanks bro
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
*shrug*

How much for the HF?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombosi View Post

is it worth giving him a deposit, buying it without testing it or even seeing it in person?
Well it's a tough call, at least on ebay you have 'some' sort of buyback protection if the car isn't what it's sold to be...but when buying from a private seller on CL it's always a super good idea to look at it before buying it and having it shipped.

Do you know anyone in the Eugene area to check it out for you? One thing I'd recommend if he's willing to sell it to you is to have him take it to a local (to him) Honda shop/mechanic to have them do a pre-purchase inspection, you pay for it of course, and have them either tell you over the phone, fax, or better yet email you (since you are paying for it afterall) the report or findings, to give you a better and unbiased review of the car to know its shortcomings or whatnot. Best case scenario it's all that you think it is and more, worst case scenario you find out it's got issues and are only out $100-$150 and not $3600-$4000 (depending on total shipping costs+car)

Anyway good luck!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Crossing my fingers for you Wombosi.

A bit off topic....I never knew that the VX was available in blue
I thought the standard colors were Frost White, Milano Red, and Teal. I'm sooo jealous about them being available in theat blue color that I would consider trading my VX for a blue one.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
Registered Member

thanks everyone.
well, of course the VX was nabbed by someone local before i had a chance to tickle my elmo.

i think it's for the best. i don't like making these impulse type buys. i want to find the right one, test it out, have it inspected.

but in the meantime i'm inspired to fix my beater DX and keep her on the road as long as possible.

thanks to you all for the good wishes.

i'll bet within a few days we'll be hearing from someone who "just got a nice VX in eugene!" ...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
How much for the HF?
Hey SVOboy, sent you a message (or two) and a Yahoo IM too...

Sucks wombosi, but don't give up. Keep your eyes open and something will fall in your lap eventually. That's what happens to me out here in Cali.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
Registered Member

hey 70dimer,
where in cali are you?

used to live in LA but got burned out and insane trying to be an actor.

i miss california in general though.

impending deep freeze out here in massachusetts.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
Registered Member

hey wombosi, I'm near San Jose now but I was born/raised in Santa Cruz...I want to sell my place here and get back to the coast!

Ya, I almost moved out to the Fairfax, VA area where my gf was, but luckily for me she just moved back to me in January I hate the cold and humidity out there...not to mention rusty cars!!!