WTB - 5 wire (non-CA) VX O2 Sensor - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

WTB - 5 wire (non-CA) VX O2 Sensor

Getting the ECU soon from the for sale board.... now need the rest of the stuff...

also, anyone have any wiring harnesses to match?

lca13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Check on Ebay L1H1 search for the L1H1 O2 sensor or Oxygen Sensor Warehouse if you don't find that anyone has a good used one for you. Both places have the new ones for ~$180.

As for the matching Harness.... there is a seven pin connector on the front end of 94+ Integras that resides just under the upper radiator support that works with the L1H1. It's the connector to the left of the number 14, it's part of the "Cabin Harness"

If you don't have a junkyard near by that will let you cut up a wiring harness, I do have a spare connector (OEM cut from a VX harness with ~8" of wire on it) for the L1H1 that I can sell you.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Good luck with your search.

I have a somewhat related question about my HX....

My '97 civic HX has an L1H1 5-wire on it.... I know someone here told me it should have the L2H2. I have had several check engine codes indicating something wrong with my 5-wire in the past. However, my HX does enter lean burn and I do get about 45mpg. Would I see any improvement running an L2H2?
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
the books show 36531-P2M-A01 as the part number for your HX. It is a completely different number for the VX. I found a cross reference chart HERE showing the Bosch numbers and most other manufacturers' numbers.

After a quick search though, some sources say that the L2H2 is a newer replacement for the L1H1. Either way, I'd try and get an L2H2 for your HX.

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Cool, well then I will have a used L1H1 as soon as I find an L2H2...
kwtorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
Registered Member

I am also looking for a L1H1 for my VX...how many miles on your used L1H1?
GasSavers_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
Registered Member

My ECU, L1H1, and spare O2 connector is shipping out Monday to lca13, sorry, James

Quote:
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
the books show 36531-P2M-A01 as the part number for your HX. It is a completely different number for the VX. I found a cross reference chart HERE showing the Bosch numbers and most other manufacturers' numbers.

After a quick search though, some sources say that the L2H2 is a newer replacement for the L1H1. Either way, I'd try and get an L2H2 for your HX.
Do you have another of those spare connectors to sell?
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
Registered Member

I do have a spare connector, but I have plans for it....What I have found though is that there is a connector on the 94-97 Integras that can be used for a connector for the 5 wire 02. If you have a junkyard nearby that will let you hack a chuck of harness off:

I used connector #3 IIRC. It is the same plug that they use for the 5 wire O2. It sits up under the radiator support on the integra. It's basically the biggest plug in that area. I hacked off about two feet of wire with mine so I can extend my O2 position when I got my header installed on my VX.

Quote: