WTB: 94/95 Civic VX - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > Wanted to Buy
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #31
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
i found it on craigslist. but unfortunately, from what the seller said, so did everyone else. =*(

matt - white just looks so clean to me. not a high maintenance color either.

but back to the main point... anyone willing to part with there white clean VX? PM me!

limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #32
Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Might go look at a civic that is for sale but the owner says that two things that do need to be replace is the exhaust recirculating valve and catalytic converter. Are these hard things to replace and repair?

Thanks,
John

Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 AM   #33
Registered Member

CC, any good muffler shop will take care of that for you. The egr valve is something you can pick up from the parts store for cheap and replace yourself.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
Hi Tom - not at all. thanks! also, I created another post on here after I saw my mistake. Can you delete that one?

Matt - just added myself onto the frappr map. however, i do feel kind of awkward contacting people and asking them to keep an eye out for me. hopefully some see this post and is willing to do so.

On a side note, has anyone ever gotten a non-vx, like a CX, DX, or Si and swapped in a VX engine? And how hard would that be to do? Just wanting to find out just in case I come across a clean non-VX. I see shells being sold so once in a while and wonder if it would be too much of a task to drop in an engine.
im about to do that. i have an '88 crx si that im about to swap. the only thing is i don't want to mess up the si harness because i might want to go performance later and make my teggy a mpg queen. but all i have to do is buy another harness and send it in to rywire.com and they can do pretty much anything. the only difference between the trims is weight and commodities. the si i believe is the heaviest? and the hf the lightest. i'd try and find an hf if you want a straight gas saver without any commodities and a light chassis. i would deffinitely try and reinforce the structure of the car as it is a weak. as for the si i have, im going to strip it down to the bone and take out all sound deadening and put just the carpet and seats back. not much of a weight savings but every bit counts

https://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

stupid ricer... useless wings are for pinguins!
93dagsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #35
Registered Member

Limerence, I just PM'ed the VIN to you. Send me the report as soon as you have it.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #36
Registered Member

Check your PM.

-John
Old 11-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #37
Registered Member

PM'ed
Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #38
Registered Member

wow, thanks for running that report for me. Just when I thought I found a clean VX for a low price, its got a salvage title, and its a CA emissions car. Not sure if it makes a difference being a CA emissions car.
thanks limerence
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #39
Registered Member

No worries. Glad I could help. Just goes to show that you can never really tell with pics. I encountered a similar problem this weekend. Guy contacted me that he has an excellent VX for sale. Drove 2.5 hours and I would say that its in fair condition. Started to disclose more info once I got there about all the mechanical issues.

But yeah, hopefully you can refund that plane ticket and buy me a nice xmas present. =)
Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #40
Registered Member

haha you definitely deserve it. Is this the civic you were asking about the CC and egr valve?