WTB: 94/95 Civic VX - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > Wanted to Buy
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #41
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
yep. thats the one. he told me about that but once i got there and looked through the paperwork, saw a couple of other things that the mechanic wrote

- throw out bearing noisy
- thermostat not working so car running below temp, o2 sensor may be overworked
- front right brake caliper not releasing correctly
- EGR and cat converter not working. this is why he wanted to sell. i believe CA law requires that the seller smogs the car.

aesthetically i saw:
- driver side door panel got dinged by a tree
- right rear quarter panel a little crunched from mail box
- left back light shows condensation

Seeing the condition of this one just sucks since the other one that I missed was so nice and was only 3.5K. No use crying over spilled milk.

limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #42
Registered Member

Yeah thats true. So are you going to keep looking? I'm probably going to do the same. Now I'm seeing all these CXs for cheap.

smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 AM   #43
Registered Member

yeh i'm going to try to holdout for the VX if i can. the cx never had the option for ac or ps right? i can live without ps but ac, i gotta have that.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #44
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
PS was an option for the Si model only.

A/C was an option for all the models from 92-95.

Neither of those two options were standard from the factory, they were all dealer installed items.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #45
Registered Member

Thanks Tom.

Didnt know that. I'm fine without PS. How cumbersome would it be to install AC into a VX?

-John
Old 11-13-2007, 09:22 AM   #46
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
Thanks Tom.

Didnt know that. I'm fine without PS. How cumbersome would it be to install AC into a VX?

-John
haha I just made a thread about your question a month ago. Check out my thread in General Tech and you will find some great answers there.

I've seen lots of CX's with A/C and some without. Likewise with the VX.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #47
Registered Member

I'm still going to head up to Philly to check out the VX. He came down on the price considerably so I'll look into it.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #48
Registered Member

TTT. cash in hand and ready to buy, people.... Panamacolin... if no one sells, you might have to put yours on the market =)
Old 11-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #49
Registered Member

Well, I picked up the VX yesterday. I'll open a thread about it shortly.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 AM   #50
Registered Member

So during my daily ritual of looking at craigslist, I saw this post locally.

"Great car, ridiculously good price.

*great mechanical condition
*5 speed manual
*4-Cyl, 1.5L 16V, VTEC
*136,900 miles
*The gas mileage is amazing
*I recently bought two new tires (front)
*Stereo is less than a year old- removable face, iPod connector
*I just had it detailed

I'm listing it as FAIR CONDITION but its flaws are cosmetic. When I took the Kelley Blue Book test, it came out as a GOOD rating. Nevertheless, I'm leaving town at the end of this week and I need to sell the car ASAP. These are problems:

*hard to open glove compartment,
*cup holder needs to be fixed,
*gas tank door needs to be jimmied open (I do it easily but I have to use my key),
*antenna missing,
*small dent on front.

I'd be happy to give you any other information and show you the car, but get in touch with me soon. December 9th is my last day in SF.

In FAIR condition on Kelley Blue Book, it was listed for $2,480. The quote for a GOOD rating was $2,940"

She was listing it for $2200 and I saw the post 20 minutes after she posted it. I emailed her and she emailed me back with her phone number. I told her I was really interested in the car and so she said to come by tomorrow to look at it. I said ok, and when would be the earliest I could come? She said 8 and I agreed. Knowing how deals like this can fall through, I wanted to call her back and say I want to look at it tonight (even though it would be an hour drive). The problem was, was that my gf was getting all dressed up cause it was my company holiday party. She somehow looked disappointed when I said "is it ok if we just go look at a car instead?" Who knows why she was a disappointed. But back to the story, so we ended up going to my company party and when we got back, I had gotten a message on my machine from the seller that someone offered her $2500 sight unseen, and she wanted to know if I could match that since I was the first person that called her. And so I called her back and asked her if $2500 was what I would be lookin at. But she then said no. She said that because she's gotten so many emails that shes setting it up by highest bidder and she would let everyone know who had the highest bid during the week. So I asked her, so if I had cash in hand, and drove over there, it wouldnt really mean much then since you're gonna hold out. She said yes. So then I told her I would pass. To which she asked why. I told her that I'm pretty cut and dry/no fuss about things. If I was there looking at a car, whether it be $2200, or $2500, or whatever the price, if I thought it was a good deal, I would pay for it then and there, and get it over with. To me, although I can't fault her for thinking so, she just wanted to get more and more and so I didn't want to get into the mix. I know many of you guys reading this are thinking, "he was butt hurt and didnt wanna play." And I don't think that is. When I looked at the big picture, here's what I saw:

Pros
- Was cheap at $2200
- White

Cons
- No A/C
- Two dents: Hood and front right
- Gas tank had to be jimmied?
- San Francisco Car, so the 136K might be a little bit more driven than a normal one. And although it looks good from the pic, she leaves the car outside (SF fog).
- various other little things broken on the car led me to think she didn't take care of it.
- She was the fifth owner

So, I just thought the Cons outweighed the sale for me. That and the principality factor of not even wanting to sell it outright anymore but go by a bidding system got to me. Well... good luck to whoever got it. The scary part is that she's moving out in a couple of days. If the highest bidder backed out on her at the last minute, she would be screwed.