Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > Wanted to Buy
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
WTB: 94/95 Civic VX

Hi All,

I'm a noob looking to get one of these puppies as a commuter. I live in San Jose, CA so anything close would be great but its ok if its not.

Looking for a clean un-modded one (or one tastefullly done) with no rust and a straight body. Looking for white but if theres a clean one out there in another color, I'm game. Feel free to shoot me a PM. Willing to pay more for a better condition one.

Thanks,
John

limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Driving on E

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/465799827.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/464765312.html

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. Saw both of those actually. One is close to 300k in miles and the other looks like its been modded out. And unfortunately I'm only looking for 94/95 for the airbags as well.

-John
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Supporting Member

In my '92 VX I indeed only hav the driverside airbag, which is fine with me anyway, since I usually drive in it alone or with my son on the backseat (in his carseat mind ya). It's nice to have it there, but I'll admit that I have my doubts about how functional it will stiil be after 15 years. isn't there a maximum time limit for the gas capsules to still be guaranteed to work?
McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hi McPatrick,

That's a good question. A quick search on google couldn't get me the answer. However, in any case, I would rather have the option there than without. It's just one of those things where you hope you don't have to ever use it, but that its there.

-John
Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #6
Supporting Member

I checked online as well just now and it looks like most manufacturers in those years gave it a lifetime of 10 years. I guess it should probably be possible to have a dealer check out if the airbags are still okay. Might be worth the money before finding out for real during some mishap (which you never hope wil happen).
Hope you find what you're looking for. You should if you have enough time and patience
McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks McPatrick.

The tough part is the patience. After awhile, my mind starts trying to make compromises... Maybe a CX is ok... or maybe a DX is ok... Or something else.... But for now, I'll try to hold out for what I'm looking for..

-John
Old 11-04-2007, 08:31 PM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
John,
I moved this thread into the Wanted to Buy section for you. I hope you don't mind. Thanks and good luck on your quest for a VX!

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
Thanks McPatrick.

The tough part is the patience. After awhile, my mind starts trying to make compromises... Maybe a CX is ok... or maybe a DX is ok... Or something else.... But for now, I'll try to hold out for what I'm looking for..

-John
I actually called on a CX right before I saw my VX. It was sold too.

on the front page there is a Frappr map of where many of the GasSavers members are located. You might want to search those areas and see if any of us can help you locate something.

I found one in SLC for $1200 with a gutted interior... and one in Vegas as well for about the same price.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:32 AM   #10
Registered Member

Hi Tom - not at all. thanks! also, I created another post on here after I saw my mistake. Can you delete that one?

Matt - just added myself onto the frappr map. however, i do feel kind of awkward contacting people and asking them to keep an eye out for me. hopefully some see this post and is willing to do so.

On a side note, has anyone ever gotten a non-vx, like a CX, DX, or Si and swapped in a VX engine? And how hard would that be to do? Just wanting to find out just in case I come across a clean non-VX. I see shells being sold so once in a while and wonder if it would be too much of a task to drop in an engine.